• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMNT Knock offs

11 posts in this topic

I remember when TMNT came out after its success there were so many black and While knock offs.

I had one called

Pre Teen Dirty Gene Kung Fu Kangaroos

I found one called Miami Mice that had a record inside.

Does anyone remember these comics.

there were hamsters,gerbils,kangaroos,et al,ad nauseum.

Boris the Bear was one of the better ones,as I recall.

Miami Mice featured art and story by Vaugn Bode and was far above these ripoffs. I'd say the proof of that statement could be found in issue 4 where Eastman,Laird, and Dave Sim lend their characters and their talent to the book.

A book I enjoyed at the time,but have not read in almost twenty years was THE SECRET DOORS.Not sure how that one will have held up.

Here is the first issue of Boris the Bear - read the cover - definitely not a TMNT imitator. Also, there was Hamster Vice, Miami Mice, Adolescent Radioactive Blackbelt Hamsters, and Pre Teen Dirty Gene Kung Fu Kangaroos. Am I missing any?

bb1.jpg

Am I missing any?

HAMSTER VICE!! yay.gif

Also, there was Hamster Vice, Miami Mice, Adolescent Radioactive Blackbelt Hamsters, and Pre Teen Dirty Gene Kung Fu Kangaroos. Am I missing any?

mad.gif

tongue.gif

Shenanigans! You edited it after the fact! Admit it! Admit itttttttt! grin.gif

tongue.gif

Sorry,

Alan

Miami Mice featured art and story by Vaugn Bode and was far above these ripoffs.

Make that Mark Bode, Vaughn's son. Vaughn Bode passed away in 1975.

You are correct. I knew that but somehow wrote Vaughn instead of Mark.i stand by the rest of my statement.