• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Done With Metro

159 posts in this topic

I've waited to weigh in....but here goes....

Those Metro fellas are snappy dressers (sort of Metro-sexual you might say), Frank is very tall - taller then me even, and Vinnie's wife smells good. (thumbs u

bridget went to the boss a said "i want to file a claim against harvey for sexual harassment." the boss asked "oh, no, what did he do?" she replied "well, at the water cooler this morning, he told me my hair smelled good." the boss declaimed "but that doesn't sound bad!"

she said: "he's a midget."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe this discussion began as an issue of grading ability. I'm pretty sure it was more to do with customer service and, apparently, a miscommunication in listing the Mile High's. My issue was never with their grading. And I also know that they will take any return if you are not pleased. I have bought quite a few raw books from them and, for the most part, their grading has been pretty good. I agree that nobody gets it right all the time. I believe the thread got a bit sidetracked.

However, it is very frustrating to try to buy a book that is listed without a price and even more frustrating to have to wait for however long for somebody to get back to you with one. And as for the customer service: yes, every time I talk to them on the phone, they are very nice. But it also feels like they are trying to get me off the phone as quickly as possible. Maybe it's just me...

By the way, I know I'm relatively new to this forum but I would like to see anybody send a cracked holder back to Metro, then have them send it back to CGC, get it reholdered, returned to Metro, and back in your hands in ten days. That would be impressive. Just sayin...

I don't know if Jeff has made his peace with Metropolis but the post by Vince has suggested that is the case. Before this thread fades away, I wanted to say I agree with Jeff re: their grading based on my various dealings with Metro over the years, i.e. most books tend to be overgraded but with pressing you can get up to the listed grade in many cases. Pressing wasn't an option when I first did business with them, but my last transaction was 13 mo. ago for 5 books and I had Matt press them all: Metro's 8.5 came back 7.0, their 9.0 came back 8.5, their 8.5 came back 8.0, a 7.0 came back 7.0, and a 6.0 came back 7.0. Knowing this, I have continued and will continue to do business with them if their price is right, and certainly will bid on the slabbed offerings in their auctions. Their inventory is indeed vast.

Even after pressing CGC's grades were lower than Metro's?

Somewhere at my office I have a spreadsheet where I kept track of vendors' grades vs CGC grades. The results were surprising. I will get that out sometime and post it.

Please do! (thumbs u

Those Metro fellas are snappy dressers (sort of Metro-sexual you might say), Frank is very tall - taller then me even, and Vinnie's wife smells good. (thumbs u

[font:Times New Roman]I look up to both of these gentlemen.[/font] :hi:

Metro keeps me loaded so I'm VERY happy with them.

metropolis2012_zpsbae2f71e.jpg

[font:Times New Roman]The guys at Metro are also in the business of treating excess. I've come away less loaded after each of their office visits.[/font] (thumbs u

bridget went to the boss a said "i want to file a claim against harvey for sexual harassment." the boss asked "oh, no, what did he do?" she replied "well, at the water cooler this morning, he told me my hair smelled good." the boss declaimed "but that doesn't sound bad!"

she said: "he's a midget."

[font:Times New Roman]For a brief moment I thought you & Mitch had patched things up and were actually collaborating, then I looked up declaimed and realized it's an actual word.[/font] :facepalm:

Are you saying that Vinnie's wife is a gentleman? That's not very nice, Cat.

I don't drink, so I presume that's why they don't send me a bottle.

This comes as a major shock when I think back over some of your posts. ;)

Have you ever considered being a good boy? Metro's merry elv's might leave something nice for you under your frosted tree besides sticks and coal! :grin:

Does DavidMerryweather get an entire case then?

During the holiday season I'm usually a beneficiary of Santa Zurzolo's good cheer to the tune of a bottle or two. Metro's labels are clever and collectible, you know. (thumbs u

Tsssst. Hey, Vince! ...Are you still reading this thread? smiley-eatdrink007.gif

Are you saying that Vinnie's wife is a gentleman?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hm

[font:Times New Roman]No, I would say that she's a gentlewoman and smells good, ...but she isn't as bold as Frank and Richy! They are truly towering figures of our community. [/font]

That's not very nice, Cat.

:sorry: [font:Times New Roman]...And I was trying so hard.[/font] :(