• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo Toronto 1 day show December 15

29 posts in this topic

vintageRoy,

Will the 10c each comic liquidator be in Toronto? That is all I can afford so close to X-mas and Boxing week sales. lol

That depends, will the aardvark be there? :devil:

Actually, I was planning on setting up there and bringing a few random boxes of mixed goods...mostly GA/SA/BA raw stuff.

Is it the North building or south!!??

Twas originally planned to be in the North building. It has been changed to the South building.

To anyone who is thinking of going, I'll have about 400 or 500 raw, slab worthy books at the show.

No ASM #1 or AF #15's but 100's books I've picked up over the years that I just haven't gotten around to slabbing. Many of the books are pressable to a higher grade, all prices are negotiable. I'm looking to SELL and am OK with leaving cash on the table to raise some Christmas cheer! :banana:

I'm also going to have a bunch of low to mid grade Good Girl art, some mixed GA and odds and sods.

I'll have a small amount of slabbed books as well.

Louise and I are in the 500 row on the right side (booth 529). Drop by and say hello.

(thumbs u

To anyone who is thinking of going, I'll have about 400 or 500 raw, slab worthy books at the show.

No ASM #1 or AF #15's but 100's books I've picked up over the years that I just haven't gotten around to slabbing. Many of the books are pressable to a higher grade, all prices are negotiable. I'm looking to SELL and am OK with leaving cash on the table to raise some Christmas cheer! :banana:

I'm also going to have a bunch of low to mid grade Good Girl art, some mixed GA and odds and sods.

I'll have a small amount of slabbed books as well.

Louise and I are in the 500 row on the right side (booth 529). Drop by and say hello.

(thumbs u

Man, I wish I could be there Roy, am very much in the buying spirit right now. Good luck with the show!

So, how was the show?

We drove in Saturday night and stayed at the Intercontinental which was attached to the convention centre to avoid any weather surprises the following day. It ended up taking us 2 hours to get to TO (normally a 1 hour drive). We followed snow plows most of the way in.

We were up at 7 and load in and load out was as smooth as could be. Best I've ever seen.

By the time the show was rolling my booth was literally swarmed the entire day. I ended up moving a table out of the way to allow people access to the booth (I had two booths across with two tables blocking the book off - most of my inventory was on the wall).

I managed to pick up a personal book that is a fave of mine from Harley, and I also happened to pick up a G n R autographed photo with sigs of the original 5 on the photo.

This is the email I sent to Fan Expo after the show.

I have to say we knocked it out of the park this past weekend.

I'm sorry to complain about my location but on paper it seemed like a much larger show than it was and I was worried I wouldn't get any traffic.

Thanks for the great show!

If I had to make a few comments, I'd say that the room was perfect as was load in. Hopefully you guys can keep the same room/location for future small shows.

Food would have been nice - not much was available, which made for a tough day.

Thanks for putting on the show!

They had stuffed me in the back row and I was initially worried about not having any other vintage dealers around me but it worked out fine.

The toy guy next to me complained he didn't have a good day but I think he was overpriced as the same games were selling across the aisle for less.

All in all a good show.