• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fiction House

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a good resource for Fiction House books? What artists worked on what stories and so forth? OS has good Matt Baker info, but everything else gets spotty.

I pulled out my Fight Comics #59 last night and reread the first two stories. Geez, what awful writing. The art is nice though and the plots move along quite nicely.

Just say no to war in Iraq.

Hmm... no.

Do you know anything about Zolnerowich(?) Zolne Rowich (?) - cover artist of some of the most fabulous early fiction house covers... I have been trying for years to find out about this guy, I have no idea how someone this talented has to this day slipped through the cracks of fandom's knowledge...

Dan

Jack Kamen's Fiction House works: info from Jack Kamen web page

Cowgirl Romances #1 (1950), art

Fight Comics #48-71,76-79 (1947-49) art; (Capt. Fight pirate stories in Fight comics.)

Jumbo Comics #90-162 (1946-1951), art (drawing ZX-5 and Ghost Gallery in Jumbo)

Matt Baker drew Sky Girl in Jumbo Comics.

I don't know much beyond the Matt Baker basics and what's in OS. I just got back into comics but I've always loved the Fiction House books. Right now I'm buying FH books, but focusing on the Matt Baker issues. I love Sky Girl and always thought she got the short end of the stick because she was a pilot during the war but a waitress after the war.

If I can find more information, I'm contemplating putting a web page or something together.