• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,818 posts in this topic

On 12/16/2021 at 6:57 PM, Daveb25 said:

🚀  Batman 1 in all parts, pieces, incomplete and complete copies has officially blasted off. 

:gossip: ... shhhhhhhhhh ... still working on mine ... and so I must  declare ... "BATMAN #1 is KRAP" :nyah:

Edited by Monsters-n-heroes

On 1/24/2022 at 1:25 AM, Grendel72 said:

The same seller also just sold a page from AF#15 for around the same amount. Mind boggling. 

He's a member here but I can't remember his name, not that I would say it if I did as it's not my place.  But yeah he's been doing real well with single pages especially the AF 15's and the Batman 1. 

And the AF 15 first splash went for 3500. Lower than I thought it would considering the wackiness of that book these days.

Edited by Professor K

On 1/24/2022 at 4:54 AM, Professor K said:

He's a member here but I can't remember his name, not that I would say it if I did as it's not my place.  But yeah he's been doing real well with single pages especially the AF 15's and the Batman 1. 

And the AF 15 first splash went for 3500. Lower than I thought it would considering the wackiness of that book these days.

There are 2 or 3 pages of the first AF 15 splash listed on EBay for $10k. I think last night’s slipped under the radar while everyone was concentrating on the Bat 1 page. The Bat 1 page even had tape on it, but still it went for $9k! 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 2/5/2022 at 1:27 PM, Professor K said:

Same book sold for 57,600 on HA in June. If its the same person they probably are hoping for around 80 for it. 

Yep, was doing the "chin rubbing" emoji cuz you never know if it's an actual bid or seller bid that amount himself.

On 2/5/2022 at 2:46 PM, thedude said:

Yep, was doing the "chin rubbing" emoji cuz you never know if it's an actual bid or seller bid that amount himself.

Ah! I didn't catch that. And I'm just assuming they're looking for around 80 for it. 57K plus tax is like 63k. An offer of around 80k eight months later is about the highest they can realistically expect, even 70k is kind of pushing it. Sidenote - I found seven  .5's sold since 2015 and only one of them was not INCOMPLETE., in Feb. 2015.

On 2/5/2022 at 12:27 PM, Professor K said:

Same book sold for 57,600 on HA in June. If its the same person they probably are hoping for around 80 for it. 

I guess this will also serve as a litmus test for the results by auction house. Heritage has gotten all the credit due to the Promise rollout and other big books, but I think the other auction houses are quietly achieving equally astounding results. It will be interesting to see how a book that sold 7 months ago out of Heritage does on Clink

On 1/23/2022 at 9:19 PM, The Black Hand ® said:

This is madness!

I remember saying that when someone wanted $500 for a coverless copy on a wall in the summer of 1989. It was unheard of at the time.