• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,818 posts in this topic

I did buy this one a couple months back, and it has plenty of eye appeal :)

Batman17_0_zps08adf7aa.jpg

Great looking copy Bill. (thumbs u

I know that Batman #1 is your favorite book, as it is mine, and I'm curious...

What is it about this issue that makes it so special to you? :popcorn:

As long as I can remember, it has been THE book for me.

I mean just saying it out loud "Batman Number One" is amazing. I mean it is BATMAN and it is the #1 issue of his own title. Not to mention it has the first appearance of the most important, and recognizable villain of all time (The Joker) and the most important female villain of all time (Catwoman).

I know that Action 1 and Tec 27 are bigger books, but say those titles to a layman and you'll get little, or no, reaction. Say Batman number one to them and they get impressed.

I'm not sure if Batman 1 is the reason I love yellow covers with red logos, or my love of yellow covers with red logos makes it even more special to me. But either way I love that combo.

If I only had one book in my collection it would be Batman #1.

I'd like to add a Tec 27 back to my collection to complement the Bat 1. But the chances of reacquiring one of those anytime soon is pretty slim

Ciorac likes this one so much, he actually travels with it, allowing peons like me to gaze in wonder "close up".

A very generous fellow. :applause:

100_15991016x762_zpsaab7738e.jpg

Bill, you are living the life here! You look so relaxed and geeked :)
A man and his funny books. The rest of the world will just never know.

That beer looks yummy. :shy:

(and nice watch)!!!

The beer was quite yummy. The watch is an Audi watch given to me when I bought my S5 this year :cloud9:

Nice ride Bill! How do you like the performance of your S5? I have a S4 and loving it :cloud9:

It is amazing. It'll lay you back in the seat when you put your foot into the gas. That V8 makes all the difference in a coupe :)

I thought about the 4 door, but I really liked the lines on the coupe, so I opted for that

I loved the S5 when I was shopping for mine, but out of my price range unfortunately. Maybe one day I'll upgrade :wishluck: I want some of that V8 power instead of my V6 Turbo

Bill,

I know you've owned a number of copies over the years and it's refreshing to see that you seem to always maintain the same enthusiasm for this book. How is it that this issue has never seemed to lose its luster with you?

Ciorac likes this one so much, he actually travels with it, allowing peons like me to gaze in wonder "close up".

Edited by Wayne-Tec

Bill,

I know you've owned a number of copies over the years and it's refreshing to see that you seem to always maintain the same enthusiasm for this book. How is it that this issue has never seemed to lose its luster with you?

It's simply the best book in the GA, and it's hard to lose love for the best of the best. When I don't have one I pine away for one. When I have one, I am content.

Bill,

It's simply the best book in the GA, and it's hard to lose love for the best of the best. When I don't have one I pine away for one. When I have one, I am content.

Now that's a geek for you.

Bill,

Now that's a geek for you.

(thumbs u :acclaim:

Agreed.

I'd be content if my Batman #1 were the only book in my collection.

When you take into consideration all of the factors that make this issue special, it really is hard to lose love for what is arguably, the best GA book "content-wise".

A #1 issue and two others just to break things up a little if thats ok?

143844.jpg

(worship) Love it, want it. :foryou:

X2 :applause:(worship) .. When I saw your boardie name Sartre, I knew you were going to post something special. I was actually expecting a higher graded Bat 1 actually lol given the kind of books you've been posting up, but hey that 3.5 is a beauty!