• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

I'm hoping that costume is his first makeshift one as depicted by Miller. If that's the series-long costume there's trouble looming in my mind.

I'm guessing it's going to be Miller's Man Without Fear's origin costume. I think it would be great if they worked that in! :headbang:

That also means Stick and Elektra. :whee:

Stick is cast! Scott Glenn ... another superb choice: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/15/scott-glenn-to-play-stick-in-daredevil

I find myself invested into this show. I'm in the camp that thought the flick wasn't that bad, but DD is my character and the backbone of my collection. I have a good vibe from what's going on ... particularly with Kingpin.

Amen to that!

I think this is going to be a hit show.

I was at the panel today they showed around 10 minutes of footage. The show has a real gritty and dark feel to it which I liked. The actor playing the Kingpin knocked it out the park they did a great job casting him.

I suspect he will be a great Kingpin and ASM50 will get another bump

I'm hoping that costume is his first makeshift one as depicted by Miller. If that's the series-long costume there's trouble looming in my mind.

I'm guessing it's going to be Miller's Man Without Fear's origin costume. I think it would be great if they worked that in! :headbang:

That also means Stick and Elektra. :whee:

Stick is cast! Scott Glenn ... another superb choice: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/15/scott-glenn-to-play-stick-in-daredevil

Love Scott Glenn as Stick!

Anyone else see that pic of Daredevil and think of that Hulk movie?

trialofhulk_1989.jpg

Yes, you are not the only one. :eyeroll:

+ 2

I actually thought the new photo was from the old Hulk appearance. But like has been stated already, I can see that being his early costume as Matt finds his way towards becoming Daredevil.

:popcorn:

----------------

Showrunner Steven DeKnight also shed some light on where they're turning to for inspiration, and while Frank Miller and John Romita Jr.'s Man Without Fear is clearly influencing the series, so too are two fan-favourite runs on the Daredevil comic book. "My favorite stories were the Miller run and the Bendis run - you'll really see that in the gritty tone of the show." Vincent D'Onofrio meanwhile had plenty to say about the direction they're taking The Kingpin in. "Our Wilson Fisk is a child and he's a monster. Everything he does comes from his foundation of morality inside himself. Meeting Vanessa, the one thing she does for him so far is brings him out of the shadows." He praised how personal they make it all and said it's a blast so far." This will clearly be an origin story for that villain as well, with DeKnight making it clear we could end up rooting for both characters as we see the, "moral grey area of Matt Murdock, being a lawyer by day and a vigilante at night. We lean into him being one bad day from becoming Frank Castle. With Wilson Fisk, you'll hear an idea and go 'that's actually a pretty good idea.' You'll root for him sometimes."

----------------

I really liked the Miller/Romita 'Man Without Fear' mini, and still have my OO books.

I was at the panel today they showed around 10 minutes of footage. The show has a real gritty and dark feel to it which I liked. The actor playing the Kingpin knocked it out the park they did a great job casting him.

I suspect he will be a great Kingpin and ASM50 will get another bump

NOOOOOOOOOO :mad:

Oh no. Cue the FF hater crowd.

For me, I can't wait.

This is the same approach Fox was going to take when they were finally pulling together a relaunch movie.

Joe Carnahan cancelled Daredevil reboot Sizzle Reel at FOX.

And that would have been incredible…

I have high hopes for this show :wishluck: Whenever I read they are using a combination of Miller and Bendis… :whee:

Small sidenote: I was up for the role of construction coordinator on this show but I got Blacklist instead (and I work with Joe Carnahan sometimes, he directs a few of our episodes)

Edited by Eclipse

This is the same approach Fox was going to take when they were finally pulling together a relaunch movie.

Joe Carnahan cancelled Daredevil reboot Sizzle Reel at FOX.

And that would have been incredible…

I have high hopes for this show :wishluck: Whenever I read they are using a combination of Miller and Bendis… :whee:

And therein lies the friction between Fox and Marvel from the beginning.

- Fox wanted an extension on the contract for this Joe Carnahan production.

- Marvel would not grant the extension.

- Fox held back the Silver Surfer and Galactus rights that Marvel requested.

:(

Small sidenote: I was up for the role of construction coordinator on this show but I got Blacklist instead (and I work with Joe Carnahan sometimes, he directs a few of our episodes)

Why?