• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next Stan Lee shows?

22 posts in this topic

Todd McFarlane just did a siging at his AZ store. He hardly shows up to cons but he does his line is huge. He usually does CGC sigings exclusively with Desert Wind Comics but he'll sign for free if its not CGC related. Very nice, personable guy. Best bet is to wait until January when start ramping up their convention schedules.

BRANGET - As usual, you make comments without backing them up. I shouldn't be surprised. :blahblah:

I am speaking from my own personal experience. If you go to one of his signings, CGC will not do it. It's just his signature, nothing more. Stan does CGC signings through Desert Wind Comics (at a con or backdoor signing) and NYCOMICS (backdoor signings). Are they the only game in town? Not sure as these two advertise Stan Lee signings more prominantly. Usually his signature alone is $55 unless you want his sig at a WIZARD WORLD convention -- it jumps up to $80 and I have no idea why that is. He'll be in at the Wizard World Portland Con at the end of January 2014. I know that's not East Coast but Desert Wind tends to have a list of all his appearances on their site. They just don't have them up yet.

As for Todd, he only goes through Desert Wind for any CGC related signings. Otherwise, he does them for free for any event he shows up to. That's how I got his artbook signed in NYC (he showed up at Midtown Comics). Appearance wise, he posts here: http://www.spawn.com/news/events/

If anyone else knows where to get Stan's or Todd's signature, please share. There's nothing worse than useless comments from nobodies who hinder more than help others.

BRANGET - As usual, you make comments without backing them up. I shouldn't be surprised. :blahblah:

I am speaking from my own personal experience. If you go to one of his signings, CGC will not do it. It's just his signature, nothing more. Stan does CGC signings through Desert Wind Comics (at a con or backdoor signing) and NYCOMICS (backdoor signings). Are they the only game in town? Not sure as these two advertise Stan Lee signings more prominantly. Usually his signature alone is $55 unless you want his sig at a WIZARD WORLD convention -- it jumps up to $80 and I have no idea why that is. He'll be in at the Wizard World Portland Con at the end of January 2014. I know that's not East Coast but Desert Wind tends to have a list of all his appearances on their site. They just don't have them up yet.

As for Todd, he only goes through Desert Wind for any CGC related signings. Otherwise, he does them for free for any event he shows up to. That's how I got his artbook signed in NYC (he showed up at Midtown Comics). Appearance wise, he posts here: http://www.spawn.com/news/events/

If anyone else knows where to get Stan's or Todd's signature, please share. There's nothing worse than useless comments from nobodies who hinder more than help others.

Who pissed in your cornflakes? You are making statements that simply are not true. I don't need to explain myself or let you in on any other ways since you clearly have your way of doing things. Just because some advertise more than others does not make them exclusive. (thumbs u

I make true statements. I don't feel the need to back them up. Why would I back them up to you? lol

Simply not true anymore

:grin:

It never was. (shrug)

Care to point me in the direction of another public CGC SS signing with McFarlane, Jeff? :makepoint:

Whilst it's fairly common knowledge that these days there are plenty of ways to get a Stan Lee sig without going through DWC, that certainly wasn't the case, say, 4-5 years ago. And DWC still has McFarlane locked down pretty tight.