• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peanuts in the GA
4 4

127 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I paid $2k for this a while ago and feel like a happy school girl about it.  

8A35C5ED-96F0-48D5-AE43-282F849CB306.jpeg

Well I'm glad that one wasn't in a grading contest! Is the back considerably worse? That's a very pretty 2.0 Rick.

Here's mine

1st_Peanuts_nn.thumb.jpg.982c36f7b5c979b496bc78d17f0363a1.jpg

Full disclosure: it's a coverless copy with a repro cover. I still love it.

12 hours ago, october said:

It's a tough issue and in-demand, but that closing price is around double what I expected. I collect Peanuts, and would love a decent looking 5.0 copy, but that looks more and more unlikely now. 

Good timing!  

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/humor/peanuts-1-united-feature-syndicate-1953-cgc-vg-fn-50-off-white-pages/a/121825-14650.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

54 minutes ago, Action252Kid said:

OH no. Andy and I will be tangling once again. :slapfight:

That was already on my watch list

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

36 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

:news::news:

Finally have achieved the Holy Trifecta of Peanuts Comic Collecting. All low grade but getting the Tip Top has been a long journey to get.

This will be cross posted in the cigar thread. 

A9EF81E2-E3A4-4B1F-8586-746704F5DC77-29751-0000157F041F74EB.jpeg

IMG_9385.JPG

IMG_2738.JPG

Congratulations Rick. The trifecta are beautiful . how long was the journey for the tip top?

9 minutes ago, wolverine180 said:

Congratulations Rick. The trifecta are beautiful . how long was the journey for the tip top?

4 years of constant looking. I had one but the description was very different than the books actual condition and I returned it. That was a mistake.

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

14 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

OH no. Andy and I will be tangling once again. :slapfight:

Given that raw sale on eBay, I kind of doubt it. I am sure it will go well beyond what I want to pay. 

I still remember 143ksk showing me a raw copy or two he picked up at WWC for under $50, back when this book was WAY below the radar. 

9 minutes ago, october said:

Given that raw sale on eBay, I kind of doubt it. I am sure it will go well beyond what I want to pay. 

I still remember 143ksk showing me a raw copy or two he picked up at WWC for under $50, back when this book was WAY below the radar. 

Actually my 2.0 presents well enough that it does the trick for me. This book has had a lot of attention this last year and I expect it will do well. 

23 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

4 years of constant looking. I had one but the description was very different than the books actual condition and I returned it. That was a mistake.

I can imagine.  It seems like the tip top comes up the least out of the 3. Even though the peanuts 1 shot is listed as scarce. I have seen more examples for sale than the other 2.  Whats your opinion? 

Edited by wolverine180
Correction of words

Just now, wolverine180 said:

I can imagine.  It seems like the tip top comes up the least out of the 3. Even though the peanuts 1 shot is listed as scarce. I have seen more examples for sale the the other 2.  Whats your opinion? 

I think the Tip Top is the toughest of the three. I think there are probably copies of it sitting in old comic shop boxes for $5 or at flea markets though. Really, the same could be said of United 21. 

When a 1.0 sells for over $1300 and it is the single example on GPA you have a pretty uncommon book.

2 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I think the Tip Top is the toughest of the three. I think there are probably copies of it sitting in old comic shop boxes for $5 or at flea markets though. Really, the same could be said of United 21. 

When a 1.0 sells for over $1300 and it is the single example on GPA you have a pretty uncommon book.

Very true.  Thanks for all the input. Congrats again. Amazing set you have there.

18 minutes ago, wolverine180 said:

Very true.  Thanks for all the input. Congrats again. Amazing set you have there.

Just thrilled to have them at all. Some surprisingly difficult books to pick up. 

My world of Peanuts is pretty full now, although I do not have all the Tip Tops, and I am OK with that... for now. 

Have the Dell and Gold Key Peanuts, including a bunch of file copies, have some original strips, have the Hungerford figures and the Lego bobbleheads and of course all The Complete Peanuts volumes. 

Yes, I also have lots of dust on my bookshelves. :facepalm:

IMG_1178.JPG

IMG_1179.JPG

IMG_1180.JPG

IMG_8385.JPG

IMG_1986.PNG

IMG_1181.JPG

Edited by Ricksneatstuff