• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Fan Expo - April 18 to 20, 2014.

148 posts in this topic

I heard that the organizer/promoter of the Vancouver Fan Expo has changed since last April, 2013. They have to draw a MUCH bigger crowd this long Easter weekend else bye bye Vancouver. :cry:

Not true.

I believe they are in transition and they officially take over next expo.

Also not true.

Transition completed.

When? Didn't we get flyers last year stating a 2 year transition or was it that you would be involved for 2 more years?

Also not true.

Transition completed.

When? Didn't we get flyers last year stating a 2 year transition or was it that you would be involved for 2 more years?

Not sure what flyer you are talking about.

We were bought. The existing management team remains intact plus some new members.

Jeff, you are confused. The letter we all got said that the old ownership would be on hand for at least a few years to assist with Informa's ownership transition of Toronto and Vancouver (and whatever new shows). The rest of the old Hobbystar team is still involved and are on contract, so don't let some of the speculators (not that kind of speculator) get you too far into their conspiracy theories.

Also not true.

Transition completed.

Not sure what flyer you are talking about.

We were bought. The existing management team remains intact plus some new members.

At Toronto FanExpo the new ownership handed out flyers at the end of the show. It was just a basic introduction. I don't recall if the flyer mentioned a transition or if the people handing out the flyers mentioned it. Either way you would know more than I. Thanks for the clarification. (thumbs u

Jeff, you are confused. The letter we all got said that the old ownership would be on hand for at least a few years to assist with Informa's ownership transition. The rest of the old Hobbystar team is still involved and are on contract, so don't let some of the speculators (not that kind of speculator) get too far into their conspiracy theories.

lol

I don't know if it's a conspiracy theory. As you just stated the old ownership would be on hand for at least a few years to assist with the ownership transition. :)

lol

Gotcha. I certainly wasn't looking to promote any conspiracies. You and Tiz are certainly more " in the know" than I. I'm glad Tiz clarified that there is no intention of giving up on Vancouver. That would be a shame.

lol

Gotcha. I certainly wasn't looking to promote any conspiracies. You and Tiz are certainly more " in the know" than I. I'm glad Tiz clarified that there is no intention of giving up on Vancouver. That would be a shame.

Vancouver has grown every year. We have added a 3rd day Friday this year.

As for Regina, I look forward to it very much. It has been forever since I been there.