• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Fan Expo - April 18 to 20, 2014.

148 posts in this topic

Shocking that they can reduce the size of booth without notice. I'd lose it.

Allan, save some of your inventory for me....

dear Dave humantorch: You know you are always my #3 man at Calgary Expo behind greggy, Andy thirdgreehham and .... ha, ha. :gossip:

Shocking that they can reduce the size of booth without notice. I'd lose it.

Allan, save some of your inventory for me....

dear Dave humantorch: You know you are always my #3 man at Calgary Expo behind greggy, Andy thirdgreehham and .... ha, ha. :gossip:

you :censored::censored: aardvarks are so fickle

see you next week

Went there today. Thought it was very silly that they tried to stop people from taking pics of the celebs. My friend even got shoved. What a freaking joke.

See the big guy standing like 2 feet in front of Eliza Dushku ? He was looking for anyone pointing a camera in her direction and stepping side to side to block them.

Saturday was alright. Went there early and wasn't SUPER busy, so I could scope out the books I wanted, followup on them, and leave. Crowded, but not unbearable.

On another note, is Bruce Campbell's line that long at all cons? Sheesh.

Some of the Facebook pics from Friday(?) Fan Expo show hallways that you could throw a bowling ball down and not hit greggy. Anime weekend sales were significantly down this year compared to last, thus my buddy will not be renewing his booth.

1 LCS was having a 1/2 price sale this weekend at his shop so he would not have to fork over $1,800+ for his usual 3 booths with the :makepoint: new reduced square footage.

4/20 was busier than the show today.

So what you are saying is you inhaled as much as you could at the marijuana rally then arrived at Fan Expo very happy?

Attendance in local newspaper projected attendance at 25k which may mean growth of roughly 10% over April, 2013's Expo. I expected a LOT more, as 3 of my office staff bought tix and they have no interest in comics but like Walking Dead tv, ST:NG tv, :blush: and Star Trek's reboot movies.

No other big convention in Canada will the promoters charge a premium for a corner booth and include only one (1) :facepalm: 8' x 2' table in the price. Vendors had to bring their own side table 6' x 2.5' from Costco. This left a 2' path so you did not have to crawl under your booth to get in/out all weekend.

No other big convention in Canada will the promoters charge a premium for a corner booth and include only one (1) :facepalm: 8' x 2' table in the price. Vendors had to bring their own side table 6' x 2.5' from Costco. This left a 2' path so you did not have to crawl under your booth to get in/out all weekend.

We did this, and the table we brought was way better than the POS Table they provided. It had a bunch of chips out of it, it almost collapsed several times, and if someone so much as nudged it, It would shake everything off of it.

Maybe next year when Marc Emery is out of jail I'll do Vancouver Fan Expo at 4/20
The show is earlier next year so you'll miss it. :whee:

I don't think most shows provide tables. Dealers I know always being tables...

In Calgary and Edmonton Expos, a corner booth is provided 2 8' tables by the promoters. Most dealers bring a spare table to reconfigure their display.

Was Fan Expo Vancouver charging a premium for corner booths? Here in TO a corner booth is the same price (not that I have one) and you only get the one table. They've never provided more than one (however the decorator is always available to rent them).