• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Fan Expo - April 18 to 20, 2014.

148 posts in this topic

Never mind, I see the forms and yes they do charge $100 extra for a corner at FEV.

Sounds like a customer service complaint. Now when I exhibit at other shows I usually find out up front what my money gets me so I'm not surprised when I get there.

Had a Victoria, BC vendor remark also that the FEV rented tables were like 15 year old stock that warped in the middle with wobbly metal legs.

At the Calgary and Edmonton Expos, they charge roughly $105 extra (depending on the length of the expo) for the prime corner retail space but that also gets u a 2nd sturdy 8' x 2' table in a 10' x 10' standard size convention booth. :headbang:

Are the Toronto Expo booths 8' x 8' like Vancouver? wtf?

Had a Victoria, BC vendor remark also that the FEV rented tables were like 15 year old stock that warped in the middle with wobbly metal legs.

At the Calgary and Edmonton Expos, they charge roughly $105 extra (depending on the length of the expo) for the prime corner retail space but that also gets u a 2nd sturdy 8' x 2' table in a 10' x 10' standard size convention booth. :headbang:

Are the Toronto Expo booths 8' x 8' like Vancouver? wtf?

Yes they are 8x8 in Toronto. I usually bring extra tables for my booths anyway, but it definitely makes getting in and out of our interior booths difficult. Sure, 10x10 would be great, but we are 100% happy with FEC because it's a ridiculously profitable show for us. Sound to me like Informa standardized across their shows at 8x8 this year.

And FEV doesn't own the tables, they rent them from a decorator, so that would be a thing to complain about to the management. If the decorator is bringing substandard tables then no one is getting their money's worth.

Bush = an anime and another comic back issue vendor will not renew at about $600 per shrunken booth prepaid discount rate. SA ASM sold per usual. Saw 3 hi-grade New Mutants 98's. Not sure if even 1 copy sold at aggressive asking prices for raw nm- copies.

I think Easter weekend meant a lot of families went out of town to Seattle for cross border shopping and much cheaper gas.

Bush = an anime and another comic back issue vendor will not renew at about $600 per shrunken booth prepaid discount rate. SA ASM sold per usual. Saw 3 hi-grade New Mutants 98's. Not sure if even 1 copy sold at aggressive asking prices for raw nm- copies.

I think Easter weekend meant a lot of families went out of town to Seattle for cross border shopping and much cheaper gas.

I sold a NM98 for $150.

The next cheapest copy I saw was $250. Nobody else sold theirs.

I sold a NM98 for $150.

So you had good prices and everyone else failed to stick someone for their cash. Good to know. Will you be reserving the same booth for next year?

I sold a NM98 for $150.

So you had good prices and everyone else failed to stick someone for their cash. Good to know. Will you be reserving the same booth for next year?

No, I passed on reserving my spot again for next year.

If I decide to do it again, it will be with drastic alterations, and booked closer to the event. Considering they raised the rates again, It's not looking good.

Did you mean the SA ASM book that was displayed in one vendor's table in the middle of their booth? The booth that had lot of comic books wrapped as sets to sell, I presume? I've seen this book.

Yes, lot of people went off on their holiday trips down south over the border. I found out the line up on Friday was said to be almost 5 hours long! I had to wait for next morning to buy cheap gas there and it only took me bit over 30 mins to cross the line.

No, I passed on reserving my spot again for next year.

If I decide to do it again, it will be with drastic alterations, and booked closer to the event. Considering they raised the rates again, It's not looking good.

Yeah, I saw the update for next year's expo show. I'd image not many returning comic book vendors to take up again. Sad... :P

In my years of attending many many shows... what I have found out about the type of shows. The kind more focused to comic books / pulps / magazines tend to be more better, some vendors say they fared better in sales. Example as the Heritage Hall comic show about 2 weeks ago before this Expo show here. The show was a huge success given the people attending there. And the table rates are better, more affordable.

One coming up on May 25th - I'll be there. (thumbs u

Calgary Expo in April 2015 will be one week earlier to be closer to Emerald City comicon in Seattle, WA for TO and Montreal vendors's Westcoast circuit. Check your calendar to see where the Vancouver Fan Expo falls or if it gets decimated by Calgary expo taking all the better quality guests and vendors.