• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Fan Expo - April 18 to 20, 2014.

148 posts in this topic

I heard that the organizer/promoter of the Vancouver Fan Expo has changed since last April, 2013. They have to draw a MUCH bigger crowd this long Easter weekend else bye bye Vancouver. :cry:

Seems like all the shows are growing quickly, surely Vancouver can support a decent convention.

I heard that the organizer/promoter of the Vancouver Fan Expo has changed since last April, 2013. They have to draw a MUCH bigger crowd this long Easter weekend else bye bye Vancouver. :cry:

Seems like all the shows are growing quickly, surely Vancouver can support a decent convention.

Typical west coast laziness.

Didn't they also add a show in Regina so why would they be so quick to cancel Vancouver?

Rental costs, overnight parking, lack of local vendor support at Vancouver Fan expo due to too many MONTHLY pop culture, antique flea market collectibles shows. Regina is hungry for a comicon even though they have a much smaller population base to draw upon. Back issue sales solid in the Regina or Saskatoon area.

2 day sports card shows do quite well in East Vancouver, BC. This past weekend, guests were new Canucks manager Trevor Linden, (thumbs u Pavel Bure, Gino Odjick with solid lines for their signature.

Didn't they also add a show in Regina so why would they be so quick to cancel Vancouver?

Rental costs, overnight parking, lack of local vendor support at Vancouver Fan expo due to too many MONTHLY pop culture, antique flea market collectibles shows. Regina is hungry for a comicon even though they have a much smaller population base to draw upon. Back issue sales solid in the Regina or Saskatoon area.

2 day sports card shows do quite well in East Vancouver, BC. This past weekend, guests were new Canucks manager Trevor Linden, (thumbs u Pavel Bure, Gino Odjick with solid lines for their signature.

The Vendor support has been good, on the comics side. Most of the local stores have a presence at the show. A lot of guys I know who usually do shows have spots at Fan Expo as well.

But none of the passes have sold out. Not Premium, not deluxe, none of the one day passes. They skimmed hard on getting big name comic guests, and I think that hurt them. That can't be blamed on the vendors. That's a problem with programming.

The Vendor support has been good, on the comics side. Most of the local stores have a presence at the show. A lot of guys I know who usually do shows have spots at Fan Expo as well.

But none of the passes have sold out. Not Premium, not deluxe, none of the one day passes. They skimmed hard on getting big name comic guests, and I think that hurt them. That can't be blamed on the vendors. That's a problem with programming.

hm , boggles my mind that a large, world class city like Vancouver struggles to put on a decent show.

Weather may be too nice to stay indoors during a long Easter weekend. Can go hiking, play tennis, drive to Seattle, WA for shopping. Oops, time to go outside to mow greggy's lawn, and wash greggy's car so I can drive him to Calgary Expo in the (worship) style he is accustomed to.