• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE N00B GUIDE
18 18

477 posts in this topic

On 12/29/2020 at 2:09 PM, wildgrind said:

Also, I don't know why I feel like eBay is sketchy to use for auctions, but does anyone know of reputable sites that conduct auctions? I've already been pointed in the direction of ComicLink and Mile High Comics, but any other info would be great.

Thanks for letting me be apart of this community!!

Check out MYCOMICSHOP.COM

They have auctions and many raw and slabbed books for sale and on consignment.

Welcome to the boards!

So I have a noob question. I just made my first submssion of my raw books, 26 modern books total. They have been received by CGC. CGC has split my submission into two different submissions--that is, my submission acknowledgement has two submission numbers on it, one for 25 books and one with just one book. Both submissions still have the service listed as "modern" so I don't think it's that one of my books was worth over $400. Why would one book be placed into a separate submission? Thanks...I think I did everything correctly otherwise...maybe I had a book out of order from the packing list?

• Administrator
On 6/11/2022 at 2:51 AM, justinsl said:

So I have a noob question. I just made my first submssion of my raw books, 26 modern books total. They have been received by CGC. CGC has split my submission into two different submissions--that is, my submission acknowledgement has two submission numbers on it, one for 25 books and one with just one book. Both submissions still have the service listed as "modern" so I don't think it's that one of my books was worth over $400. Why would one book be placed into a separate submission? Thanks...I think I did everything correctly otherwise...maybe I had a book out of order from the packing list?

Hello

The maximum amount of books per submission is 25.  That is the most we can place in a box.

Mike

Hello All!

Long time collector and lurker here.  I have been looking through the posts trying to find if there is a step-by-step on selling books here.  I have no references here (notice the low post number), but I do have a great ebay account (https://www.ebay.com/usr/damiemur), I apologize if this isn't allowed.   My ebay could be used for initial reference--just to get me started in selling here.   Any other advice, or topics you could lead me to would be greatly appreciated.  

• Administrator
On 10/19/2022 at 1:27 PM, Damiemur said:

Hello All!

Long time collector and lurker here.  I have been looking through the posts trying to find if there is a step-by-step on selling books here.  I have no references here (notice the low post number), but I do have a great ebay account (https://www.ebay.com/usr/damiemur), I apologize if this isn't allowed.   My ebay could be used for initial reference--just to get me started in selling here.   Any other advice, or topics you could lead me to would be greatly appreciated.  

Hi

Be sure to read the marketplace guidelines and follow ALL of them.

I would also recommend checking out several other people's for sale threads to see how things work, and look at their terms of sale in the first post.  (Do not copy anyone's rule's)  This will give you a feel for how things work here.  There are 3 forum only selling areas:

Gold, silver and bronze

Copper/modern

Miscellaneous 

Be sure to list all books in the proper section.  You can have 1 active thread per section.  Any more than that or if you are in violation of any of the rules, your thread will be pulled and a warning will be issued.

New submitter here. I submitted my first Signature Series book (just 1) at a comic show back on the first week of December through OneStopComicShop who was facilitating for CGC there. No problems there, and I received a invoice slip and a copy of the submission form with an invoice number. My question is, how long does it usually take before any information appears on the website? I understand that the holidays may slow things down, but I've noticed that some have already received their submissions from the same show and all I get on the website is "details not found" when I enter my invoice number.

Thanks,

Wayne W.

Hey all. Life-long nerd/geek, but I'm new here, and to CGC, so please forgive my stupidity.

I signed up for the basic membership, and got my submission box. I'm having trouble finding the comic listings on the site for the 4 comics I'm going to submit. They are:

The Amazing Spider-Man #1-A

Mary Jane and Black Cat #1 Dark Web (Covers A, B, and retail).

I got them all from the J. Scott Campbell store, all 4 are signed. I know CGC doesn't want the COAs that came with them, so I (unfortunately) had to break the J. Scott Campbell exclusive seals and take them out of the original bags to pack them for submission. 

Can anyone help me figure all this out? 

I apologize in advance for the dumb question. 

On 3/8/2023 at 7:01 PM, JMal76 said:

The Amazing Spider-Man #1-A

Mary Jane and Black Cat #1 Dark Web (Covers A, B, and retail).

Can anyone help me figure all this out? 

I apologize in advance for the dumb question. 

What are the publication years?

Also, since signed and not witnessed by CGC, you’ll probably get the green label for these if you submit.

On 3/8/2023 at 8:46 PM, 850chris said:

What are the publication years?

Also, since signed and not witnessed by CGC, you’ll probably get the green label for these if you submit.

The Amazing Spider-Man #1-A is April 2022, and the Mary Jane and Black Cat #1s are December 2022.

I didn't want to pay several hundred dollars per book to buy the signed CGC books from his webstore, so I guess I'll just have to accept the green label. 

I think the ASM is “Marvel Comics Amazing Spider-Man #1 6/22 JScottCampbell.com Edition A”

MJ&BC virgin is “Marvel Comics Mary Jane & Black Cat #1 2/23 JScottCampbell.com "Virgin" Edition”

For the MJ&BC trade dress, I see “Marvel Comics Mary Jane & Black Cat #1 2/23 JScottCampbell.com Edition” but am not sure if this is the retail or non-retail version. I am seeing the retail version on ebay with this label.

You may have to click on the “I can’t find my comic” option and input the info to differentiate the retail and non-retail. 

Edited by 850chris

Hello! Brand new to posting and your service (though have been enjoying reading the boards for a couple of years). I am trying to understand the Submission Fee system...

Am I correct that I submit the books and CGC decides if each book qualifies as Modern, Vintage, High Value, or Unlimited Value, then bills me accordingly?

Thanks for your consideration of this probably entirely dumb question!

- Jon