• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE N00B GUIDE
18 18

477 posts in this topic

My suggestion to add to the main list would be to include a "Ask a Boardie a Question" section where volunteers can have there username linked to a PM so that newcomers can ask (what they may perceive as a stupid) question to someone who has been around longer without the fear of a hell-storm. We can even include topics we are more familiar with to aid newcomers. Example: key books, moderns, silver age, CGC grading, CGC fees, turn around times, page quality, etc.

I'll volunteer to help here (if HS will likes the idea) and ask for other volunteers as well (once again, if HS likes the idea).

What the link would look like:

ASK A BOARDIE A QUESTION

For GOLDEN AGE

Boardie

For SILVER AGE

Boardie

For BRONZE AGE

Boardie

For COPPER AGE

Boardie

For MODERN AGE

Ask ItsJustRyan

For GRADING (CGC) Questions

Boardie

For RESTORATION Detection

Boardie

For SELLING on the BOARDS

Boardie

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

HS could wrap this in a spoiler in the main list and volunteers could offer to help on selected topics.

Just an idea. Take it or leave it. Volunteers can help in more than one content area as well. Someone may be knowledgable on restoration detection and GA books, so they could volunteer to be listed under both header...

2c

Something similar, thread link

Niche Collecting/Subject Matter Experts

My favorite part of that thread:

SPECIALTY EXPERTS

Comic Grade

Mr. 9.8--9.8 And above, White PQ only.

Doesn't matter which book you have - as long as it's a 9.8 (or above), Mr. 9.8 is the go-to expert. But only if they have white pages.

lol

My suggestion to add to the main list would be to include a "Ask a Boardie a Question" section where volunteers can have there username linked to a PM so that newcomers can ask (what they may perceive as a stupid) question to someone who has been around longer without the fear of a hell-storm. We can even include topics we are more familiar with to aid newcomers. Example: key books, moderns, silver age, CGC grading, CGC fees, turn around times, page quality, etc.

I'll volunteer to help here (if HS will likes the idea) and ask for other volunteers as well (once again, if HS likes the idea).

ASK A BOARDIE A QUESTION

For GOLDEN AGE

Boardie

For SILVER AGE

Boardie

For BRONZE AGE

Boardie

For COPPER AGE

Boardie

For MODERN AGE

Ask ItsJustRyan

Boardie

Boardie

Boardie

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

HS could wrap this in a spoiler in the main list and volunteers could offer to help on selected topics.

Just an idea. Take it or leave it. Volunteers can help in more than one content area as well. Someone may be knowledgable on restoration detection and GA books, so they could volunteer to be listed under both header...

2c

This was tried previously - took all of 5 mins before it turned into a "I'm more of an expert than you are" contest.

Forward all question's to Ajax's mom- problem solved!

ASK A BOARDIE A QUESTION

For GOLDEN AGE

Boardie

For SILVER AGE

Boardie

For BRONZE AGE

Boardie

For COPPER AGE

Boardie

For MODERN AGE

Ask ItsJustRyan

Boardie

Boardie

Boardie

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

2c

Something similar, thread link

Niche Collecting/Subject Matter Experts

(thumbs u

I've been thinking about doing this for a while, but you've beaten me to it. Great job with this!

Hopefully they will "sticky-note" this thread.

ASK A BOARDIE A QUESTION

For GOLDEN AGE

Boardie

For SILVER AGE

Boardie

For BRONZE AGE

Boardie

For COPPER AGE

Boardie

For MODERN AGE

Ask ItsJustRyan

Boardie

Boardie

Boardie

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

2c

This was tried previously - took all of 5 mins before it turned into a "I'm more of an expert than you are" contest.

lol

Those are the bestest threads. :cloud9:

It's all good. No one has to be an 'expert' - rather a traffic director to help people find the answers they seek. AND, multiple people can be listed under each category (shrug)

Doesn't have to devolve into madness... :wishluck:

Er, you might want to check your custom title.

:roflmao:

(shrug)

It was frickin' funny while it lasted.

Er, you might want to check your custom title.

:roflmao:

(shrug)

It was frickin' funny while it lasted.

I'll admit it.One day I saw his Custom Title one day and it actually made me try to figure that out. :facepalm:

I searched under Preferences for awhile. lol