• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE N00B GUIDE
18 18

477 posts in this topic

I feel like a jerk now. :boo: I figured it was a shill so I didn't say anything and :troll:

Welcome to the Boards Garth! I tried to make the Guide as helpful as possible, but if you are friends with Thomas, you're in good hands! (thumbs u

I would just like to say one thing to new members and that is what not to do which is what I did. If you just show up and start posting, thinking you are giving out information, you will look like a little kid who goes into a hospital, hears some doctors discussing a broken bone and stops to tell them what a bone is. There are so many things that you do not even realize are flying over your head, and inevitably you will be mocked. There are several threads that are recommended to bring you at least somewhat up to speed. Ask questions, sure, but if you think you are going to school these guys you will be sorely mistaken.

I would just like to say one thing to new members and that is what not to do which is what I did. If you just show up and start posting, thinking you are giving out information, you will look like a little kid who goes into a hospital, hears some doctors discussing a broken bone and stops to tell them what a bone is. There are so many things that you do not even realize are flying over your head, and inevitably you will be mocked. There are several threads that are recommended to bring you at least somewhat up to speed. Ask questions, sure, but if you think you are going to school these guys you will be sorely mistaken.

This version of kav is way better than that other one. This is very good advice to Noobs like me

This version of kav is way better than that other one. This is very good advice to Noobs like me

I have to learn everything the hard way.

Like not to play with fireworks, for example.

you don't know what you don't know till you know you should have known....

really my story should be a cautionary tale for all new members.

if you come in swingin, you can't win. you just can't.

Edited by kav

I feel like a jerk now. :boo: I figured it was a shill so I didn't say anything and :troll:

Welcome to the Boards Garth! I tried to make the Guide as helpful as possible, but if you are friends with Thomas, you're in good hands! (thumbs u

Yeah the 27 minutes that he posted and you didn't say anything back was a really uncomfortable silence. :boo::screwy:

Yeah the 27 minutes that he posted and you didn't say anything back was a really uncomfortable silence. :boo::screwy:

:applause:

Gutted to see another awesome thread lessened thanks to petty BS...

A perfect example of CG to the n00bs!

:D

-slym

WTTB Slym!

(worship)(worship)(worship)

I live eat and breath comic books. I would spend 2 hrs a day reading about them and looking at books and I still regularly get schooled.