• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE N00B GUIDE
18 18

477 posts in this topic

The unwritten marketplace rules: :shy:

If you are new here and are interested in buying books in the marketplace, please understand that the Marketplace on these forums is a 'buyer beware' environment - it is your responsibility to do your own research to avoid overpaying for an item. If a member is misrepresenting their items or price history, take it to the Discussion Thread.

You are also responsible to review the various Probation/Hall of Shame lists, these lists are maintained by the community to help members avoid those who have had problems with transactions on the forum or outside of the forum between two board members.

There is also a Kudos forum in the marketplace which is reserved for positive feedback only, to find a Kudos thread use the options at the bottom of the marketplace & sort by thread-starter to find their Kudos thread.

The general law of the land is that "a deal is a deal" - if you are contemplating a purchase, choose your words carefully to ensure that your intentions are understood. A seller may create their own thread rules defining terms, restrictions etc..the general marketplace rules are in place if not otherwise stated.

In general, opinions are shared freely on sales taking place elsewhere. People often question price, grade etc...that type of commentary is NOT allowed in any active sales threads, disrupting a fellow board members sales thread is considered threadkrapping - the forum moderators will issue strikes for disrupting sales threads.

Edited by bababooey

Wow! I haven't seen anything stickied since I got here.

If there was a newbie award for contributing to the boards,Harvey I would vote for you. (thumbs u

Forumite of the year? hm

Don't get crazy. :insane:

I plan on being the first back to back winner. lol

If there was a newbie award for contributing to the boards,Harvey I would vote for you. (thumbs u

Forumite of the year? hm

And then the back to back strike?

Forumite of the year? hm

And then the back to back strike?

lol

Pardons - if you clicked to get here as a new/unread thread, it doesn't give you a page number.

This is page 14 for standard options, if I am correct (I have mine set differently.) If you click to get to page 13 here, then the URL will say "part=13" at the end. Change that number to "4" and it will take you to page 4.

I hope that clarifies things?

:eek:

-slym

Most pages are numbered in the URL at the location bar on your browser. So if you are on page 769, it should say so near/at the end of the URL - replace 769 with 482, hit enter, and you are there.

doh! That's right. I'm an id iot! Thanks buddy! :foryou:

I really feel so :facepalm: right now as I clicked "First" or "Last" and then clicked page by page all the time!

This makes things SO much easier!

n00b.

I hear there's a guide out there somewhere that can assist.

I really feel so :facepalm: right now as I clicked "First" or "Last" and then clicked page by page all the time!

This makes things SO much easier!

n00b.

I hear there's a guide out there somewhere that can assist.

:roflmao: