• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HULK #1 CLUB : THE PUNY LITTLE MAN LEAGUE

1,315 posts in this topic

No doubt it is the "hottest". In last month I'm just behind bob...4.0,4.5,5.0,7.0, 8.0

I have 3 folks that now want a 6.0 I have in hand. Crazy.

really nice 5.0 just sold for almost $12K on heritage...guess my 10K 5.0 sale was not that strong after all lol

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/the-incredible-hulk-1-marvel-1962-cgc-vg-fn-50-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7097-91298.s?type=bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus

:ohnoez:

Wooooow. Did that really just happen ? Holy smokes.

-J.

really nice 5.0 just sold for almost $12K on heritage...guess my 10K 5.0 sale was not that strong after all lol

http://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/the-incredible-hulk-1-marvel-1962-cgc-vg-fn-50-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7097-91298.s?type=bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus

-J.

How did that only get graded as a 5.0? It looks way better than my 5.0. Is it because of the subscription crease? That crease barely breaks color. Is 5.0 the highest a comic can grade with a subscription crease?

I can see why it went for big bucks..... a great looking comic!

-J.

How did that only get graded as a 5.0? It looks way better than my 5.0. Is it because of the subscription crease? That crease barely breaks color. Is 5.0 the highest a comic can grade with a subscription crease?

I can see why it went for big bucks..... a great looking comic!

Ive seen 6.0 and 6.5 with slight sub creases...

How did that only get graded as a 5.0?

View the large picture, and plenty of technical defects are present.

Plus it looks like the book had a reverse spine roll manipulation.

Personally, I don't like this copy at all.

Nice PQ though.

Nice PQ though.

Agreed, that book has no doubt met it's "final resting place", or slightly above. Seller has to be happy though. :cloud9:

With only a 4.0 currently available on comic link with the seller asking over $10k, and a 7.5 being offered in an always unpredictable comic connect auction, the buyer(s) may have felt this was their last chance to get a decent looking mid grade copy for anything approaching a "decent" price.

-J.

Nice PQ though.

Ok, I see what you mean about the reverse spine roll. Even the sub crease is skewed to the left.

Still a gorgeous book.

Hulk 1s on fire.

Wow this book is going nuts Roy asking 45 for his 1.5. I am wondering where my 3.5 ow/w copy could pull in. GPA does not seem to be keeping up with the demand.???

Just south of 6K is my guess. hm

Wow this book is going nuts Roy asking 45 for his 1.5. I am wondering where my 3.5 ow/w copy could pull in. GPA does not seem to be keeping up with the demand.???

I would think more....

-J.

:o Nice! :cool:

I would think more....

-J.

Where have all the hulk 1's gone? Are people hoarding them? There's squat on ebay and only a couple available at the big auction houses. The combination of lack of inventory and consumer demand may be creating a perfect incubator for sky high prices. At least until (or if) the higher prices bring more copies out of the wood work.

-J.

I would think more....

-J.

Where have all the hulk 1's gone? Are people hoarding them? There's squat on ebay and only a couple available at the big auction houses. The combination of lack of inventory and consumer demand may be creating a perfect incubator for sky high prices. At least until (or if) the higher prices bring more copies out of the wood work.

-J.

That is the problem. There wasn't enough wood cut down to make these green/gray papers!

AF 15 high supply meet with ample demand

Hulk 1's low supply with ample demand = bend over