• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics, Pulps, and Paperbacks: Why such a discrepancy in values?
24 24

6,538 posts in this topic

On 5/25/2022 at 10:51 PM, Book Guy said:

SEE WHAT I MEAN seems like a tough book. I've never seen it, but sometimes things like that are simply due to randomness.

Seems they could've used Hitler as the speaker...

I've only skimmed it but it seems to be more about American sympathizers and hucksters profiteering using Nazi propaganda tactics.

It's not rare but not common either, at least not currently

Edited by Surfing Alien

On 5/28/2022 at 7:13 PM, Blorgon scum said:

It is not in the best of shape but looks pretty good even with that cover crease across the front cover.  What paperbacks are acceptable to post here?

IMG_20220528_0001.jpg

IMG_20220528_0002.jpg

Raymond Johnson covers like this one you posted are always welcome :luhv:  Lancer Conan's as well :) Heck we even accomodate posters with weird nurse fetishes :shy::foryou:

On 5/28/2022 at 7:47 PM, Surfing Alien said:

I guess this is as good a spot as any to announce that my article on Johnson, the first ever bio, retrospective and checklist published about him, will appear in the fall issue of Illustration Magazine, the premier magazine of commercial illustration, barring unforeseen circumstances.

Thanks to @Pat Calhoun and the rest of you yahoos, who sparked the conversation.  It has been a year and a half long quest to uncover the artist called the "Great Mystery Man" of the paperbacks. The article will be profusely illustrated with scans of his surviving original paintings and dozens of the over 550 paperback covers he painted between 1946 and 1963 :cheers:

Hey!  This is great to hear, pal!  Can't wait to see it when it comes out!!  :headbang: