• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

He's Back!

173 posts in this topic

So just last night I was catching up on my Superior run after the football game and read the Spiderman 2099 storyline....

and good GOD was that atrocious. Just awful. So terrible I literally rolled my eyes so much I got a headache.

Garbage. Too bad, because I remember the earlier issues of Superior being alright.

Hope this book gets back on track. I did read the next issue which was said to feature Black Cat,.... for maybe 2 panels and getting punched by Spidey. That was it.

can't wait till all he's built comes crashing down around him....should be a fun ride towards peter's return.

I realized last night that Slott kinda sucks.

And not just because of the storyline in Superior.... but he tries to be awfully wordy at times and has some cringe worthy dialogue.

can't wait till all he's built comes crashing down around him....should be a fun ride towards peter's return.

And not just because of the storyline in Superior.... but he tries to be awfully wordy at times and has some cringe worthy dialogue.

Slott's an awful writer. His best work reads like bad fan fiction and his worst stuff is utter tripe.

Wow... The hatred for both Ramos and Slott in here is pretty rough... I am sure they will still sell the hell out of this book regardless... I am curious how many in here are NOT going to buy it no matter what... Or be lined up like the rest of us sheep...:)

Wow... The hatred for both Ramos and Slott in here is pretty rough... I am sure they will still sell the hell out of this book regardless... I am curious how many in here are NOT going to buy it no matter what... Or be lined up like the rest of us sheep...:)

And that is why Ramos is the artist. Because marvel knows this book will sell regardless, so they can keep their better artists on other projects.

Just an opinion.

I stopped reading Amazing a while ago because I felt the quality of the stories had dipped significantly. I'm really hoping that despite the artwork, the stories are better. I'm currently reading Captain America and I hate the art in that too, but I like the stories. However, I am losing interest because I think the art matters just as much as the story.

Regardless, I am looking forward to PP being back. I liked him as marvels whipping boy. Also, there need to be more dedadpool/spider-man crossovers.

I think the formula is:

Fanboy Hatred + Ruined Childhood Memory ÷ Number of Variant Covers = Resounding Financial Success Quotient

Slott's an awful writer. His best work reads like bad fan fiction and his worst stuff is utter tripe.

I couldn't disagree with this comment more. Slott has done a superb job writing Spider-Man and capturing a lot of the fun the book once had. I'm a JMS apologist, but his run was missing some of the key elements that make up a solid Spider-Man book. Slott has done that in a lot of ways.

I get the fan fiction comment. Occasionally his love for the character and the minor history shines through, but that is part of what I love about his run.

Buzzetta also pointed out- Slott is one of the first people to come into Marvel with a vision and agenda for the character. Marvel has been throwing darts at the dart board trying to figure things out with Spidey for years. OMD only further cemented that fact. Slott came in with an agenda and has worked towards it since day once. Heck he planted the seeds for 700 way back in 600. That is impressive.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, having Ramos on the title has marred Slott's run. I feel he's had a good run, but to truly have a great run he needs a great artist. I can only imagine what his run would have been like if he'd had a game changing artist.

And I dislike Slott as a person. He's a jerk over on the CBR boards. He trolls the users.

Sorry long post but that is my 2c

I couldn't disagree with this comment more. Slott has done a superb job writing Spider-Man and capturing a lot of the fun the book once had. I'm a JMS apologist, but his run was missing some of the key elements that make up a solid Spider-Man book. Slott has done that in a lot of ways.

I get the fan fiction comment. Occasionally his love for the character and the minor history shines through, but that is part of what I love about his run.

Buzzetta also pointed out- Slott is one of the first people to come into Marvel with a vision and agenda for the character. Marvel has been throwing darts at the dart board trying to figure things out with Spidey for years. OMD only further cemented that fact. Slott came in with an agenda and has worked towards it since day once. Heck he planted the seeds for 700 way back in 600. That is impressive.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, having Ramos on the title has marred Slott's run. I feel he's had a good run, but to truly have a great run he needs a great artist. I can only imagine what his run would have been like if he'd had a game changing artist.

And I dislike Slott as a person. He's a jerk over on the CBR boards. He trolls the users.

Sorry long post but that is my 2c

We'll have to agree to disagree about Slott's skill as a Spider-Man writer. I mean, the guy wrote a scene in which it was implied that Doc Ock masturbated to Peter's memories of Mary Jane. He also wrote a scene in which Spidey farted in front of the Avengers. I think these examples alone show that the man isn't fit to be writing Spider-Man comics.

We'll have to agree to disagree about Slott's skill as a Spider-Man writer. I mean, the guy wrote a scene in which it was implied that Doc Ock masturbated to Peter's memories of Mary Jane. He also wrote a scene in which Spidey farted in front of the Avengers. I think these examples alone show that the man isn't fit to be writing Spider-Man comics.

:o

Is that an example of the "gritty realism" that passes for human drama nowadays? hm

relaunch catchphrase..."Spiderman, he breaks hearts...and wind"

If we woke up in a world where J. Jonah Jameson was in the Bugle, and Peter Parker was taking pictures for a living, and Aunt May was in the hospital, I would shoot myself. It's the ongoing story of Peter Parker, Spider-Man. His life moves forward.

- Dan Slott

http://www.hitfix.com/news/peter-parker-returning-with-relaunch-of-amazing-spider-man

So basically... even Dan Slott thinks that Quesada's vision of a post OMD Spider-man was in error.

oh and I meant Superior Spider-man, not Slott :fear: