• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buy the book not the cgc label: FF 1

26 posts in this topic

Really wish ComicLink would put up BCS's on high money books like that :sorry:

I think everyone does.

Has there ever been an issue with someone buying a high dollar book and then having a FUBAR back cover and an upset buyer? I have not heard any stories of this but it has had to happen at some point.

Hopeful someone with more knowledge than me in this area will pipe up, but I don't buy it. They've always seemed reasonably forgiving of such defects to me. I find it unlikely that its a 6.0 without the sig and a 4.0 with it as was suggested. I don't believe they would assign the writing much or any of a deduction in these grade levels.

I am guessing there is some "hidden" damage on the book. Back cover, or hard to see defect, or interior problems.. something.

Hopeful someone with more knowledge than me in this area will pipe up, but I don't buy it. They've always seemed reasonably forgiving of such defects to me. I find it unlikely that its a 6.0 without the sig and a 4.0 with it as was suggested. I don't believe they would assign the writing much or any of a deduction in these grade levels.

I am guessing there is some "hidden" damage on the book. Back cover, or hard to see defect, or interior problems.. something.

^^

^^

+2

I was kinda wondering about that myself.

I tend to agree with you here. There is something more than just the signature.

^^

+2

I was kinda wondering about that myself.

CGC kills the grade on HG books for unverified sigs, but for a nice mid-grade example, the effect is neglible - there's no way a 6.0 book would drop to a 4.0 without a Stan Lee cockroach taking up half the cover.