• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx Appreciation Thread
4 4

762 posts in this topic

Anyone have one of these that is SEALED? I have two and they have both been opened lol Quite a shame, although its great to see what's inside. I am thinking of framing this set, with one day hoping to get some sigs

Maxxportfolio.jpg

And finally we come to....of course Darker Image Ashcan. I only have one ashcan but quite a few of the regular issues, both bagged and unbagged with cards. None signed :( I really want those b/w and gold variants, but pretty tough to get. I almost had my hands on a b/w, but it was accidentally shipped to Russia of all places lol I did get to keep what the person in Russia ordered though...a almost complete run of Knightfall, including the Kieth cover issues :D

DarkImageredfront.jpg

I remember awhile back when I picked up my raw sigs seeing a raw Sandman 1 and 2 that was supposedly signed by Gaiman and Kieth. Gaiman was signed on the front cover, and each had a message, I think #1 said "sweet dreams". Anyways, the Kieth sigs were on the second page...

Can anyone confirm that in the early days, Kieth signed on the inside of books? I asked the seller for clarification and they responded that they picked those issues up at a garage sale. I dropped the auction at once, didn't seem right to me. Still curious about it though...

Oh, and the Kieth sigs looked identical to how he signs his art before it's published. NOT like the SS sigs he has, which varies from very stylized to nothing but scribbles...

Edited by MetalPSI

For years there were only two of these. I turned down a lot of money for it, because I didn't think Kieth would ever sign publicly. I should have taken the bread and gotten one of the new ones. :)