• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx Appreciation Thread
4 4

762 posts in this topic

On 2/27/2021 at 12:43 PM, Gabagool said:

i was looking at a blue # 2 on ebay. the guy wants $400 for it. i laughed because  blue # 1 i bought for $40. blue # 3 i bought for $100.... i made him some reasonable offers, he then got upset and blocked me. no idea where some of these sellers are coming up with these off the wall prices. im a paitent man. i can wait for a deal.

you need to try and find the platinum one. i bought one several years back and never saw another again.

I don’t currently see the #2 so did the seller get his asking price from another buyer?  Was curious about the seller being upset at your offer, were his/her replies rude or unprofessional?  It’s good to know those things as that’s not a person I’d want to do business with.

5 hours ago, steveinthecity said:

I don’t currently see the #2 so did the seller get his asking price from another buyer?  Was curious about the seller being upset at your offer, were his/her replies rude or unprofessional?  It’s good to know those things as that’s not a person I’d want to do business with.

we never actually spoke other then when i made 1 or 2 offers and that was it. then he had blocked me, because he didn't like my offers. his overpriced blue ashcan # 1 and # 3 are still currently floating on ebay. maybe he just removed the # 2 as there are no sold listings for it

12 minutes ago, Gabagool said:

we never actually spoke other then when i made 1 or 2 offers and that was it. then he had blocked me, because he didn't like my offers. his overpriced blue ashcan # 1 and # 3 are still currently floating on ebay. maybe he just removed the # 2 as there are no sold listings for it

I think that might be the same person who blocked me about 14 years ago. I was just starting to collect the ashcans and there was a black one posted. I thought the price was high and I couldn't afford it so I made an offer of all of the money I had at the time. The offer was rejected so I saved up a little more and went to make an offer and found out I was blocked. I did reach out and was told that my offer was insulting and wasted their time which is why I was blocked. I got close to completing my collection a couple of years ago and tried to pay the asking price for one of the blacks, around $3,000. I thought it was overpriced again but I really wanted to finish the set so I was willing to pay it. Turns out I'm still blocked after all of this time so even paying full price I was blocked. A couple of years ago I probably would have bought everything they had listed at the price they wanted. I did end up finding everything I needed so they missed out on selling at asking price for what was considered an insulting offer over a decade ago. If the $800 blue #3 is who you are talking about, that is way too high for a blue and it's not even graded. Maybe if it was graded and a really high grade it would make sense.

15 hours ago, Gabagool said:

Seems very unreasonable if your follow up offer(s) were honest and in good faith. However, if your follow up(s) went in the opposite direction, or increased by only a dollar or two, then his time is being wasted.

Or was he being unreasonable to very fair offers? 

Edited by MR SigS

4 hours ago, Gabagool said:

go ahead and view his current prices on ebay. you tell me for yourself if they're reasonably priced or not. unless you're him lol

No, I meant your follow up offer[ s ], not his prices (you already posted those). I've never heard of a seller blocking someone giving offers unless they felt their time was being wasted (tiny offer bumps or progressively lower offers). If his price for what you wanted was too high, and you gave more than one offer before being blocked, it seems possible that's what the seller decided, so I'm just curious if it was either one. Or was it neither one, and you were simply blocked? And as @steveinthecity asked, were there rude responses in the negotiations?

And I'm not him- I don't sell comics, and if I ever do it's very unlikely I'll do it on eBay.

Edited by MR SigS

On 3/5/2021 at 10:32 PM, MR SigS said:

No, I meant your follow up offer[ s ], not his prices (you already posted those). I've never heard of a seller blocking someone giving offers unless they felt their time was being wasted (tiny offer bumps or progressively lower offers). If his price for what you wanted was too high, and you gave more than one offer before being blocked, it seems possible that's what the seller decided, so I'm just curious if it was either one. Or was it neither one, and you were simply blocked? And as @steveinthecity asked, were there rude responses in the negotiations?

And I'm not him- I don't sell comics, and if I ever do it's very unlikely I'll do it on eBay.

I merely told him what i paid for the ones i already have. he didn't want to hear it and just blocked me because of it.

34 minutes ago, Gabagool said:

as for me caring about this, i don't at all.

lol Okay. Your many posts talking about it suggest otherwise. 

Edited by Jeffro.

49 minutes ago, Gabagool said:

That's precisely what you or whoever is Comic-Sutra did. while Ebay allows for multiple offers for making an offer,  your "feelings" were hurt because i made a second offer that was lower then my initial offer?

Mr Sig and comic sutra are not one in the same. I know both of them. They are different people.

6 hours ago, MR SigS said:

It did :whee:

Seller and buyer agreed on a number, and are both happy.

I'll post a scan in a few days when I'm off :bigsmile:

It however didn't sell on ebay. that's why it was removed. :hi: