• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx Appreciation Thread
4 4

767 posts in this topic

So, did anyone win the current round of books from Tiffanylevine? The Black #2, and both #3s were my copies at one point, sold maybe 2 years ago?

:popcorn:

Very strong prices, even if they were reserved.

I was watching them, the prices were more or less in line. The number 2 red went a bit higher than usual, but it seems to be the rarest of the second tier maxx ashcans.

If I can ever find my #1 to 5...i just looked through six boxes....I need help,serious a to z by company help.Free tap water,WITH ice,to all who volunteer. :facepalm:

I love organizing books! Just behind collecting and reading, organizing is awesome! One by one you can remember each story as you look and hold each issue. I have a buddy that used to just take everything new and put in new long boxes as they came out. Then once every year we'd hang out, drink beer, and organize everything. Good times....

Anyone checking out the remastered series? I have the entire series already so I've been ignoring it, but the covers look good. I'm waiting for a nice IDW hardcover. Hopefully not a ridiculously overpriced unnecessarily limited edition one. The Turtles HC's tend to go for about $30 new, and I think that's an awesome price. I'd love to buy The Maxx in that format and price point.

Guest Grails
Anyone checking out the remastered series? I have the entire series already so I've been ignoring it, but the covers look good. I'm waiting for a nice IDW hardcover. Hopefully not a ridiculously overpriced unnecessarily limited edition one. The Turtles HC's tend to go for about $30 new, and I think that's an awesome price. I'd love to buy The Maxx in that format and price point.

I've ordered each issue through comixology and there is quite a difference on the recoloring for IDW. Sharp and vivid. They scanned the OA at a higher resolution as well. If you're a fan its definitely worth revisiting. Here's an article I found with some examples of a few pages.

http://whatchareading.com/the-maxx-1-remastered-look-at-these-pages/

Maxx_03n_zps80ebf7fb.jpgphoto-1_zpsd5bca63c.jpg

#1 yellow went for $160 the other day

I was watching that listing, was going to bid on it. I have a 2 and 3 yellow, would love to get a #1 yellow. Sucks that I missed it, (had some drama at work when listing ended).

Edited by Battlerob

i still own my original # 1 and my 1/2 issue from wizard, today i was at a flea market and a bunch of #1 issues were floating around at 1 persons table.... i was going to buy at least one but she was asking i thought alot for the books she had.