• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maxx Appreciation Thread
4 4

767 posts in this topic

Only 10 made, only 6 known to exist. Red is even more rare. 10 made only 2 known to exist. Getting my hands on one of those is going to be my greatest challenge for my collection me thinks.

Only 10 made, only 6 known to exist. Red is even more rare. 10 made only 2 known to exist. Getting my hands on one of those is going to be my greatest challenge for my collection me thinks.

10 made on purpose, or 10 assumed? Was it a promotion, or something along those lines? Just wanting to learn.

10 red and 10 blues were made as test proofs.

They decided to go with purple and sent out so many gold as dealer incentives. 6 blues and 2 reds were picked up by a boardie. Those are the only copies I can account for. Where the other 12 are, who knows? (shrug)

And he's getting a restraining order against me for buggin him about it :lol:

Seriously though, he doesn't have any and doesn't know/want to say where they went.

IF someone wanted to be kind to me, they could give me a clue where a red is. I really need one....

And he's getting a restraining order against me for buggin him about it :lol:

Seriously though, he doesn't have any and doesn't know/want to say where they went.

IF someone wanted to be kind to me, they could give me a clue where a red is. I really need one....

I'll try to contact the buyer of my 9.4 red to see if he's open to selling.

A true hero among men you are! :D Thanks for looking into it for me.

Did you know, the red and blue Maxx 1/2s were offered on Wizard's website around 2007 for $10 or so each...?

True story.

Totally believe it. You are the second one to confirm that

Did you know, the red and blue Maxx 1/2s were offered on Wizard's website around 2007 for $10 or so each...?

True story.

Were they offered as "get your copy now, because there's only 10!" Or , was it just give out as many as are ordered?

True story.

Were they offered as "get your copy now, because there's only 10!" Or , was it just give out as many as are ordered?

That, I don't remember. I saw the ad, but not until they were all gone. I was much annoyed. They were advertised as test prints, and I'm 82% certain that they were quoted as "limited to 10."

But...that number was just how they were listed...who knows if that was actually the case. Wizard divested themselves of all their 1/2s in 2007, and other such promos, so they probably have nothing left, but there's no way of knowing for sure.