• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MONDAY'S COMIC ZONE- CGC'S STEVE BOROCK & PAUL LITCH

361 posts in this topic

Throwing more bodies into the mix is not improving turnaround times. Maybe it's time to look at the process boys?

I agree. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Then you are wrong. Since we hired West, our turn times are now much better then they were before we hired him.

One thing we can do is raise prices. This will stop some people sending in books and the rest of you can pay more for better turn times...oh..wait....that already happens. I forgot, you can get better turn times by paying for a faster tier. Economy, means, Economy makepoint.gif

Or send your books to CGG. insane.gif

Throwing more bodies into the mix is not improving turnaround times. Maybe it's time to look at the process boys?

Then you are wrong. Since we hired West, our turn times are now much better then they were before we hired him.

One thing we can do is raise prices. This will stop some people sending in books and the rest of you can pay more for better turn times...oh..wait....that already happens. I forgot, you can get better turn times by paying for a faster tier. Economy, means, Economy makepoint.gif

you mean PGA, and that may not be such a bad idea. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Why don't you increase the cost of mass submissions, Steve? Does the burden of having to pre-screen thousands of current books slow things down? Does the encapsulation process slow things down at all?

Where does the actual slow down occur?

OK, since it's out on the table let me add my two cents.

* the economy turnarounds have stayed at 4 months for the better part of a year.

* you're expanding into a myriad of different magazine gradings sometime within the next 6 months to a year. (this doesn't necessarily bode well for comic turnaround times).

* Economies are advertised on your site as "estimated turnaround" - 40 business days.

* it actually takes an average of 88 business days to ship after receipt.

* Simple solution - change your advertised estimated turnaround times to reflect reality and no one will complain as they will be getting what they have been told to expect.

* waiting 4 months is tough, but waiting four months when you've been paying for an advertised service of approx 2 months is much tougher............FWIW.......peace..........

Why don't you increase the cost of mass submissions, Steve? Does the burden of having to pre-screen thousands of current books slow things down? Does the encapsulation process slow things down at all?

Where does the actual slow down occur?

From what I understand (and trust me, I probably don't understand anything), it's in the encapsulation process that things get bogged down. At least that's what greggy is telling me foreheadslap.gif

Since we hired West, our turn times are now much better then they were before we hired him.

Turn around times have basically stayed the same from what I've been able to see from a consumer perspective. What measurements are you using to determine that turnaround time has improved, if I may ask please sir?

The real turn times are posted and updated weekly. It is there for all to see.

No one complained when we were sending them out early 27_laughing.gif

You're missing the point...

You advertise a service within a set timeframe that you continually (habitually) break. And despite promises of fixing the problem, the timeframe have only marginally gotten better for Economy. That's not good business...

Jim

Since we hired West, our turn times are now much better then they were before we hired him.

Turn around times have basically stayed the same from what I've been able to see from a consumer perspective. What measurements are you using to determine that turnaround time has improved, if I may ask please sir?

i believe Moderns have improved somewhat in the last 2-3 months. (but they are just a week shy of 3 months turnaround as of the last posting of times).

and that begs an interesting question; i realize that moderns should be less difficult to grade as there should be less defects to pore over, but why would modern service at half the cost (10 or more subs) be a full 5 weeks quicker than economy?? confused.gif

In other words, they should communicate realistic service levels so expectations are reasonably set up front. I like the fact of the estimated turn around time be variable, so it communicates current average turnaround time. Goes back to a suggestion I made about making this page dynamic based on current production output.

Cool Steve says in 5 to 6 months they are gonna start grading regular magazines like time and national geographic.

Steve I gotta show you my collection of old magazines!!!!

Sports Illustrated too? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I hate golf.

I hate golf.

That's why you send them to PGA, so you don't have to golf. insane.gif BTW Have you tried LPGA? 27_laughing.gif

The real turn times are posted and updated weekly. It is there for all to see.

No one complained when we were sending them out early 27_laughing.gif

You're missing the point...

You advertise a service within a set timeframe that you continually (habitually) break. And despite promises of fixing the problem, the timeframe have only marginally gotten better for Economy. That's not good business...

Jim

From our submission page:

"The following charts are CGC's current prices for grading tiers. Comics Services and Fees and Magazine Size Comic Services and Fees are separated into their own charts. Please remember that the turnaround times are estimates only and CGC does not guarantee them!"

And near the top of our homepage (BEFORE YOU EVEN SEE THE SUBMISSION PAGE) states: Check out the CURRENT turn times.

I feel we are very upfront about our turn times.