• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 300 Appreciation/ Club Thread
12 12

1,166 posts in this topic

On 10/14/2020 at 1:07 PM, piper said:

Sorry for the low res scan.  This was my personal copy I purchased when I was in High School.  I wasn't exactly delicate with it...

Scan 2.jpeg

72D99EDF-C072-4D53-AF88-DFB00848B80B.jpeg

That is so cool you still have the original copy! Comics are meant to be enjoyed :)

On 10/14/2020 at 10:07 AM, piper said:

Sorry for the low res scan.  This was my personal copy I purchased when I was in High School.  I wasn't exactly delicate with it...

Scan 2.jpeg

72D99EDF-C072-4D53-AF88-DFB00848B80B.jpeg

from your avatar here, i assumed you were older. nice book! did you get it signed, or buy it that way?

On 10/15/2020 at 12:44 PM, Wheels38 said:

I know this isn't an impressive grade, especially on this board, but I am very excited to own it. Venom is one of my favorite characters and my wife bought me this raw last year for my first father's day! 

20201015_154014.jpg

It's an appreciation for the book, not the grade.

Nice gift, wish my wife would buy me comics. I usually buy them behind her back lol.

8 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Nice gift, wish my wife would buy me comics. I usually buy them behind her back lol.

Haha. Agreed. If my wife bought me a comic I would have her Baker acted.

About four years ago my wife and I were driving home from somewhere. We were about to pass by my LCS and I asked her if she cared if we popped in for five minutes? She said to drop her off and she would just start walking towards home and to pick her up when I drove past after. Truth. 

4 minutes ago, Summydad1 said:
8 hours ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Haha. Agreed. If my wife bought me a comic I would have her Baker acted.

About four years ago my wife and I were driving home from somewhere. We were about to pass by my LCS and I asked her if she cared if we popped in for five minutes? She said to drop her off and she would just start walking towards home and to pick her up when I drove past after. Truth. 

I'm not married

But am lucky enough to have a brother that is interested in going to cons whether to meet cosplayers or celebs, I'm not too sure which is more important to him Haha

But lately I've picked him up to go "look for mtg" at the LCS in retrospect that's how it started for him to tag along, it has wound up that it's now easier for me to shop for his b'day or Christmas and yes hes offered to foot the bill a couple of times on my purchases lol

My purchases seem to be a lot cheaper than the ones I buy him. But it IS fair to say that it is lucky to have a healthy choice or avenue to bond, even if hes still really not that into it ha!

36 minutes ago, hermster said:

Thanks, haha caught me on my typo

I hadn't noticed lol, but ya, I'm glad it came back so high :)

It's still a ^^ of a copy!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/15/2020 at 3:44 PM, Wheels38 said:

I know this isn't an impressive grade, especially on this board, but I am very excited to own it. Venom is one of my favorite characters and my wife bought me this raw last year for my first father's day! 

20201015_154014.jpg

You have the first appearance of Venom, no matter the grade, it's the first appearance of Venom 

And not only that, it was bought with Love

So I have a funny story about this and how I got it this book today.  I recently purchased some silver keys from a lcs (x-men 1, ff 48,49, and 52).  I knew I was not going to keep FF 48 AND 49. I was going to either sell them or trade them for a GSX 1.  So there was someone who wanted both books and wanted more pics of issue 49. So I happily obliged and sent him more photos. Once I opened the book to take more photos there was color bleed on the inside cover.  Freaking amateur color touch!  So I  still sent the pictures and we both agreed to back out of deal.  I sent the photos of the color bleed to the owner of the shop and he made nice  with a full refund or swap for something different. So this is what I chose. I wish he had a GSX 1 but he didn't and this book just popped out.  I definitely learned a lesson in this experience and I will also keep a black light in my truck. I will also continue to support the lcs. It was a honest oversight. 

20201229_144650.jpg

1 hour ago, carter3175 said:

So I have a funny story about this and how I got it this book today.  I recently purchased some silver keys from a lcs (x-men 1, ff 48,49, and 52).  I knew I was not going to keep FF 48 AND 49. I was going to either sell them or trade them for a GSX 1.  So there was someone who wanted both books and wanted more pics of issue 49. So I happily obliged and sent him more photos. Once I opened the book to take more photos there was color bleed on the inside cover.  Freaking amateur color touch!  So I  still sent the pictures and we both agreed to back out of deal.  I sent the photos of the color bleed to the owner of the shop and he made nice  with a full refund or swap for something different. So this is what I chose. I wish he had a GSX 1 but he didn't and this book just popped out.  I definitely learned a lesson in this experience and I will also keep a black light in my truck. I will also continue to support the lcs. It was a honest oversight. 

20201229_144650.jpg

Glad it worked out.... Good for the honesty

On 10/19/2020 at 8:41 AM, www.alexgross.com said:

from your avatar here, i assumed you were older. nice book! did you get it signed, or buy it that way?

Todd was at the Calgary Comic Expo a couple of years ago. He was signing books for free, so the line was massive.

On 12/29/2020 at 1:57 PM, piper said:

Todd was at the Calgary Comic Expo a couple of years ago. He was signing books for free, so the line was massive.

I thought Todd always used to sign books for free.  (shrug)

At least he did when I remember that I got one of my Spidey 300's signed by him way back in the day when he used to showed up at the local conventions on a rather regular basis. :applause: