• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ottawa Comic Con May 9-11 2014

25 posts in this topic

Related question - are any CGC facilitators planning to attend? Guest list is looking pretty decent and I'm hoping it'll get better, would love to be able to get some sketches submitted as well.

We (expertcomics from Montreal) were discussing the idea of offering to be witnesses/facilitators for the event, but I think we'll likely be holding off till the Montreal con in September when we actually have a booth and it's not just my dad and I wandering around the con on Saturday.

Unfortunately the timing of this event has never worked for me to be able to set up at. I was scheduled to go last year, but some staffing changes prevented me from being able to take the weekend away from the store. This year I have a personal commitment on the Saturday morning here in town, but as long as it continues to be scheduled on the same weekend as TCAF (the Toronto Comic Arts Festival) it's pretty unlikely that I'll ever go and a number of Toronto based pros who would probably go to Ottawa will never be able to, TCAF is a big networking and social event for creators.

From an access to indie creators perspective, I also need to go to TCAF for at least one afternoon and pick up the self published and small press books directly at the event from the creators. That, and a number of visitors to Toronto for the event means more walk through this weekend, so I'd rather not empty the store of product for an out of town convention.

Ugh, we need more COMIC DEALERS!

More Silver and Bronze Age! More CGC books! More nice books populating the floors.

Oh and Eliza Dushku just cancelled.

This is all ticking me off. :sumo:

Are any comic dealers from the boards coming to this event?

I don't see many comic dealers going to this one.

I'll be there. haha. Not as a dealer though.