• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World, Portland Comic Con Jan. 23-25, 2015

54 posts in this topic

I "think" only a couple of local shops are setting up here, I Like Comics in Vancouver and the shop in Portland suburb, Gresham which has cornered the underserved market on disc frisbee and comics so I'm not sure exactly sure what the buzz is at shops or how much they are advertising it.

I figure that the local papers will push it more right before it happens and that it will do well.

Several WD peeps (Cudlitz, Yeun, Bernthal, Wayne Callies, etc.) as usual and AOS (Na Wen, Dalton) so those should entice some people to come.

Harley's here but really, Harley is everywhere isn't he?

I know that I'm excited about it but I'm setting up. Based on this being their third or fourth year here, I'd say they're entrenched.

I was up in the Portland and Vancouver area for a quick trip to buy a car and heard a couple of radio stations advertising the show.

This is the third WW show in Portland and it is the king of shows in this state, far superior to Rose City in terms of sales and attendance. I did this show last year and people, in spite of the higher admission price, readily opened their wallets to spend and it was just a fun show to do.

Thanks to the m.orons I work with who think coming to work is more important than staying home when they're sick, I've been hit with strep and the flu at the same time. I'm just glad this didn't happen next week. Prep for the show has come to a halt after a high grade fever caused me to hallucinate a bit while trying to read Death of the Family. :sick:

Thanks to the m.orons I work with who think coming to work is more important than staying home when they're sick, I've been hit with strep and the flu at the same time. I'm just glad this didn't happen next week. Prep for the show has come to a halt after a high grade fever caused me to hallucinate a bit while trying to read Death of the Family. :sick:

That sounds nasty. At least you got sick before ECCC this year. lol Get well my friend.

That sounds nasty. At least you got sick before ECCC this year. lol Get well my friend.

(thumbs u

Evan Peters, Giancarlo Esposito, & Katie Cassidy cancelled :pullhair: That's 3 out of the 4 celebrities I wanted to get signatures from.

At least it isn't 4 for 4 (shrug) Probably shooting schedules or who knows what else. Sit tight, they might replace them with someone else you're chasing a sig on.

Hey folks,

I got my 3 day pass for this weekend, and I'm ready to rock. Since I need to watch my spending (i.e. buying books and getting them graded), I was wondering if you all knew of any cool free/low-cost booths, events, activities etc. at the con that don't involve spending the GDP of Bermuda? Let me know.

Cheers.

Got wheels put on my glass display case :whee: and it will make its debut tomorrow at set up. Holds 25-30 slabs or lots of raws.

They are a bear to move plus lots of glass. Now? Just unlock and push. Watch the cornering though.