• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #5 CGC 6.5 ASKING $3390??!!!!!!!!!

11 posts in this topic

CMON, get off the crack pipe already!!

whats more the cgc label states "small amount of dried glue on spine"

newly listed on comiclink

some people are asking the moon!!

But it's only a little over 2x of unrestored guide! insane.gif

Hey, more power to a person for asking such an aggressive amount, and good for them if they can actually sell it near that price.

sign-offtopic.gifI have to think, though, that the number of people who can afford to build deep runs inclusive of major keys and/or high grade copies of a given title in the current marketplace are few and far between. It seems to me that many collectors are going for 5, 10 or maybe 15 issue mini runs, or just random high grade specimens of specific books they really like (or are speculating on).

CMON, get off the crack pipe already!!

whats more the cgc label states "small amount of dried glue on spine"

newly listed on comiclink

some people are asking the moon!!

But it's only a little over 2x of unrestored guide! insane.gif

Hey, more power to a person for asking such an aggressive amount, and good for them if they can actually sell it near that price.

sign-offtopic.gifI have to think, though, that the number of people who can afford to build deep runs inclusive of major keys and/or high grade copies of a given title in the current marketplace are few and far between. It seems to me that many collectors are going for 5, 10 or maybe 15 issue mini runs, or just random high grade specimens of specific books they really like (or are speculating on).

I'm TRYING to build a full run (emphasis on trying)

2x guide for fine + copy is crazy and if someone is goign to pay that they are getting robbed mad.gif

dr. DB is starting to think prices (well on this book anyway) are screwy.gif welcome to the club, I think I have passed on more books in this last year - many slabbed, than in my entire tenure as a collector. Of course I collect late SA, BA so thats where most of its coming from.

Maybe they thought that the artificial, across the board bump which occured due to the elimination of the NM in the guide appied to Fine as well confused.gif

The last 6.5 we've recorded was just recently sold on Heritage for $1610, OW/W pages (April '04). And the copy you're talking about is now being offered for $3100, right? A 7.5 sold more recently (Sep '04) for $3000.

Looks like the seller is smoking some good stuff! thumbsup2.gif