• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saw 'the Incredibles' last night....

52 posts in this topic

Just saw The Incredibles.... AWESOME! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I love the style of the 50's, and this movie has taken the great elements of the 50's (cars, furniture) and has created perfect stylized versions of them. Add in superpowers and a supervillian's hideout and you have an awesome movie. thumbsup2.gif

The animation and story are aces! I couldn't think of one thing I would change... and that's the best compliment I can give any movie.

OK, so I am a little late (just snagged this VHS at the local library), but this was what a superhero film should be!

Even the Mrs. got pulled into the story and thought it infinitely better than any of the live-action movies of the genre.

Yeah, the wife & I just watched it again the other night with some friends. Just as good the second time around, although I still wish they'd come up with a better villain.

Hey my kids loved the villan since our real last name is Syndram spelled different pronounced the same.

...since our real last name is Syndram spelled different pronounced the same.

...as opposed to the one they gave you when you entered the witness protection program?... confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, the wife & I just watched it again the other night with some friends. Just as good the second time around, although I still wish they'd come up with a better villain.

I rather liked the motivation for the villain, tho' I wished he would have been a little more fleshed out.

Great movie, but I wish they had not basically repeated the "only thing strong enough to harm it.. is it" schtick at the end.

Yeah ... maybe ... but they played it differently at least with the claw launched from afar. Plus remember that apart from Mr. Incredible himself, no one in that family has "destructive" powers à la Havok or Human Torch.

We watched it again this past weekend for probably the 4th or 5th time and both my wife and I had a great time.

Yeah. That's a good movie.

My son (2 1/2) really enjoys the Jack-Jack feature on the bouns disk. He always says, "Daddy, let's watch Baby On Fire!" 27_laughing.gif