• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Custom comic book binding posted by boostergold

92 posts in this topic

Looks like I found some comics that have been eluding me for quite a while. I have found Generation X #75, Star Blazers (Argo Press) #10 and 11, and a reprint of New Mutants #98 for $3.

Perseverance is key to finding books like this without spending more than you either need to or want to. I don't want to ruin a NM #98 nor do I want to spend $30 for a reprint.

Thanks, but I think you said in an earlier post that you have the covers trimmed? What's the advantage of that?

This is a great topic, I'm thinking of having a few books made to make it easier to read the comics.

I prefer to have all of the pages uniform. That is MY choice. When you make a stack of comic books 25 high you will see that all of the pages and covers are at different lengths. I have seen where people have opted to not have them trimmed. That is the great thing about all of this, you can have them done your way with your preferences.

Today I got in the full run for Devil's Reign by Top Cow and Marvel. I also got in the last two books for my 2005 Green Lantern run, the #0 I needed for the Star Blazers runs, and I got in some more New Mutants comics along with my reprint of NM #98.

This weekend was a good haul for books I needed. We went on a road trip on Saturday to two places that had comics, toys, and games. One was in an antique mall that had a lot of dealers with comics and toys.

I am hoping my last shipment to the binders gets here soon. I am getting anxious to see and read them. I believe I have 22 books at the binders. When they arrive I will share them.

For the GOTG book I used the tpb that included the Korvac Quest. The Star Blazers includes both COMICO and Argo Press runs. The Yang books is made up of Yang and House of Yang. Then there is the Devil's Reign which includes the full run and #0. Not pictured is the Ascension book I did for my son.

I am doing a New Mutants run and wanted to add the Marvel Graphics Novel to the binding, but it is to large. Through my research I learned about and procured a book that is a reprint of the book. It is comic book size and will be able to add to the beginning of the first volume as it was the first appearance of the team.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161414368968?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I have done the same thing in using TPBs as the internal material. A lot of times you can get them for $5 or less. I used soft bound Marvel Masterworks of the Uncanny X-Men from GS1-122. They were four separate volumes comprised of 30 books. This was only around 2" think. I had less than $50 invested in this book that would rival any Omnibus.

As I have said before in that I don't agree with ruining valuable books and TPBs are a great alternative along with reprints and lower grade books. When all is said and done these books come out looking great and are fun reads.

I have just recently finished my Iron Man run. The numbers consist of #54-around #250. The numbers before that are got through Marvel Masterworks. I used a low grade #54 and a reprint of #55.

I am also working on Thor #217-350. I only need six more of them. #216 and below are acquired through Marvel Masterworks.

I have just recently finished my Iron Man run. The numbers consist of #54-around #250. The numbers before that are got through Marvel Masterworks. I used a low grade #54 and a reprint of #55.

I am also working on Thor #217-350. I only need six more of them. #216 and below are acquired through Marvel Masterworks.

100_3151_zpsblcpmbjk.jpg

All of the black books are bound books I have had done. I have over 100 total done (I haven't counted in a while so it may be closer to 130). I have been branching out into different colors for diversity.

I have a box of around 10 more to go, hopefully this weekend.