• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vampi - German editions

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I know very little about comic-related magazines, but I've always picked them up when I can find them & I've gotten a TON of enjoyment out of them.

My LCS recently got in some German editions of Vampirella, issues 1-8. All in nice shape. But - neither the dealer nor myself can find anything regarding pricing in OVST. I'm wondering if you guys can help me get a handle on what a decent price to pay for the mags would be? I would estimate the books to be in VF/VF- condition (without going through them page-by-page).

I appreciate ANY info you can provide!

-Jeff

Hey guys,

I know very little about comic-related magazines, but I've always picked them up when I can find them & I've gotten a TON of enjoyment out of them.

My LCS recently got in some German editions of Vampirella, issues 1-8. All in nice shape. But - neither the dealer nor myself can find anything regarding pricing in OVST. I'm wondering if you guys can help me get a handle on what a decent price to pay for the mags would be? I would estimate the books to be in VF/VF- condition (without going through them page-by-page).

I appreciate ANY info you can provide!

-Jeff

I'd say anywhere from 10-15% of OS. Foreign back issues only do well when sold within the area the language is spoken. Also, it's my experience that translated German back issues don't get anywhere near the premiums their English counterparts do unless they star Mickey or Donald. 893whatthe.gifhail.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

US and foreign comics doesn't have any correlation in value unless they are real "foreign editions".

Like UK versions of ASM. They were printed at the same time and only difference is pence price on cover.

US and foreign comics doesn't have any correlation in value unless they are real "foreign editions".

Like UK versions of ASM. They were printed at the same time and only difference is pence price on cover.

Since I don't have any copies of the first issues of Vampirella, I have no idea if these are reprints or if they contain any original material.

One noticable difference, is that these German copies are all in color! And they look just gorgeous!

My guess is that most of the material is reprinted - but I wonder if it is reprinted in the same order as the American editions - or if it's cobbled together from several different issues into one?

These German copies are from 1973, so they're a bit later than the originals, but still plenty old.

I've done some more poking around. The German 1973 issues were color reprints of various Vampirella issues; not an issue by issue reprint. They also go for around 1.5-2 Euros ($2-3) each in NM condition.

Hope this helps...

Jim

I noticed on eBay a couple of days ago someone had a HARDCOVER German Vampirella book. I thought about bidding, but of course it's in German so I passed.

I think that's the Harris reprint. Theres only one Warren Vampi story in there, the rest are Harris stories.