• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanted FF's

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, well I have decided to look and hopefully purchase some books from my favorite run. I am interested in FF from issue 60 down to 10 and issue 82. I am looking for 9.4 and of course white pages if possible. Also interested in 46 in a 9.6 if possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for looking. If you have anything or know where to go please email me. I already know to look at the dealer sites so no need to point me in that direction.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi everyone, well I have decided to look and hopefully purchase some books from my favorite run. I am interested in FF from issue 60 down to 10 and issue 82. I am looking for 9.4 and of course white pages if possible. Also interested in 46 in a 9.6 if possible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for looking. If you have anything or know where to go please email me. I already know to look at the dealer sites so no need to point me in that direction.

Thanks,

Steve

I have one my two FF #22 CGC 9.4 White Pages up for sale. It's on Metropolis and the Link though, so you've probably already seen it. confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyway, there is only one better copy (a 9.6 - don't know the PQ). I think Tom B. owns it, but I am not sure.

There are six 9.4s, one of which is owned by Doug Schmell (a 9.4 OW-W Pacific Coast) and another by Ghost Town (a 9.4 OW-W non-pedigree). I own two of the remaining four copies. Both are CGC 9.4 White.

So with this book, you could rub it in Doug's nose and say "Hey Captain, my FF#22 is nicer than your FF#22!!!" That's what I did to him when I sat next to him at the Chicago forum dinner anyway. 27_laughing.gif

Thanks,

Steve

I have one my two FF #22 CGC 9.4 White Pages up for sale. It's on Metropolis and the Link though, so you've probably already seen it. confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyway, there is only one better copy (a 9.6 - don't know the PQ). I think Tom B. owns it, but I am not sure.

There are six 9.4s, one of which is owned by Doug Schmell (a 9.4 OW-W Pacific Coast) and another by Ghost Town (a 9.4 OW-W non-pedigree). I own two of the remaining four copies. Both are CGC 9.4 White.

So with this book, you could rub it in Doug's nose and say "Hey Captain, my FF#22 is nicer than your FF#22!!!" That's what I did to him when I sat next to him at the Chicago forum dinner anyway. 27_laughing.gif

WOW - that is a beauty!!!!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

grading question for you; would the grade have been even higher except for the writing (date coding?) on the cover, or is it presumed to be a dating attempt of some sort and therefore not considered a defect??

considering the PQ and scarceness of this book, i'm surprised it hasn't been gobbled up already........ 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Thanks,

Steve

WOW - that is a beauty!!!!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

grading question for you; would the grade have been even higher except for the writing (date coding?) on the cover, or is it presumed to be a dating attempt of some sort and therefore not considered a defect??

considering the PQ and scarceness of this book, i'm surprised it hasn't been gobbled up already........ 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I think the coding was taken into account in the grade. The spine and corners are perfect, except for an ever-so-slight abrasion on the lower left spine corner. I've seen corners like that on silver age 9.6s.

It is an extremely difficult book to find in 9.4, let alone 9.4 WHITE. My two copies are the only 9.4s I'm aware of with white pages, but there are still two out of the total six 9.4s that I don't know the PQ on (what are the chances that they'll have white pages though? Probably not very high). Also, this copy is better centered top to bottom (with similar left to right attributes) than Ghost Town's 9.4 OW-W. I haven't seen Doug's Pacific Coast copy though, so I can't comment on that one.

Anyway, the book will eventually sell -- almost certainly by spring 2005 in advance of the FF movie. I will probably pull the book after Christmas if it doesn't sell before then and relist it at a little higher price a few months before the FF movie comes out.