• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,421 posts in this topic

Maybe not quite rare but one of my favorite non-Baker romance covers.

mylife_zpsd9fcc596.jpg

Great book. I don't think I've seen it before.

.... nice Fine copy of this in the next Clink auction..... along with some other nice romance books. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Don't tell me things like this! Don't you have any compassion for the state of my bank account?! :insane:

I have compassion Tony. And I'm happy to write the obituary. "Here rests Tony's bank account...etc"

Edited by Flex Mentallo

.... serious question here..... what would be an aggressive but almost sane Buy it Now price on eBay for a Sweethearts 119 in the VF range ? GOD BLESS...

Maybe not quite rare but one of my favorite non-Baker romance covers.

mylife_zpsd9fcc596.jpg

Great book. I don't think I've seen it before.

.... nice Fine copy of this in the next Clink auction..... along with some other nice romance books. GOD BLESS...

Don't tell me things like this! Don't you have any compassion for the state of my bank account?! :insane:

I have compassion Tony. And I'm happy to write the obituary. "Here rests Tony's bank account...etc"

lol

.... serious question here..... what would be an aggressive but almost sane Buy it Now price on eBay for a Sweethearts 119 in the VF range ? GOD BLESS...

That is a tough one. Calling Dr. Love!

I thought there was one. I remember some months back, member KillKillKill began posting huge numbers of his -- mostly low-grade -- books. I don't know what happened to that thread or to him. Perhaps he changed his name? hm

KilIKillKill was a shill for a banned board member.

Was it luxx?

Also,hearing so much about it,does anyone have a picture of Negro Romance 4?

I'd love to see it..and maybe a request for LB Cole covers?

This is a niche of comics I have never really explored,and wow,I really am keen on it now.Thanks to everyone for opening my eyes to so many beautiful books.

Sidewalk Romance really knocks my socks off...seems so ominous..any interior shots :wishluck: ?Sorry to take up so much space gang,but thanks to all again for sharing this wonderful stuff.

Jimmers

EC romance issues are more scarce than a lot of people realize. This one, especially so. Heritage only has a single issue in their entire 12 year inclusive auction archives, and that one (a CGC 6.5) was an auction from just the past year.

Unlike most of the other EC titles, there never were Gaines File Copies of any of the romance comics, compounding their scarcity.

mgr11.jpg

I thought there was one. I remember some months back, member KillKillKill began posting huge numbers of his -- mostly low-grade -- books. I don't know what happened to that thread or to him. Perhaps he changed his name? hm

KilIKillKill was a shill for a banned board member.

Was it luxx?

Also,hearing so much about it,does anyone have a picture of Negro Romance 4?

I'd love to see it..and maybe a request for LB Cole covers?

This is a niche of comics I have never really explored,and wow,I really am keen on it now.Thanks to everyone for opening my eyes to so many beautiful books.

Sidewalk Romance really knocks my socks off...seems so ominous..any interior shots :wishluck: ?Sorry to take up so much space gang,but thanks to all again for sharing this wonderful stuff.

Jimmers

Swiped from GCD (I don't own a copy):

152857_zpsd772b2e3.jpg

There was one up for auction not long ago. There is a debate as to whether the cover might be by Matt Baker and, if so, whether he drew himself as the man in the car.

EC romance issues are more scarce than a lot of people realize. This one, especially so. Heritage only has a single issue in their entire 12 year inclusive auction archives, and that one (a CGC 6.5) was an auction from just the past year.

Unlike most of the other EC titles, there never were Gaines File Copies of any of the romance comics, compounding their scarcity.

mgr11.jpg

Gaines's finest attempt to hoodwink the post office by claiming that this series was a continuation of the Moon Girl series. :D

This is a niche of comics I have never really explored,and wow,I really am keen on it now.

Aye, lad, you'd be a romance sissy now. Share away, friend, share away.

Don't you folks ever sleep! :D

(I'm glad you don't. I get to wake up and see these great books.)