• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
32 32

6,421 posts in this topic

Another pretty rare digest/comic

teenagediarysecrets9_zpsc812a3ed.jpg

Who's got a TADS 7? Haven't seen that one posted in this thread yet, have we?

I used to have one but traded it years ago. At least it is a photo cover so not as desirable. At least I tell myself that.

Lee now you're just showing off! (thumbs u

I have never owned a TADS 9, or 6 for that matter.

But I do own a 7. Fortunately for me, I am not hobbled with the archaic notion that photo covers are...unattractive. At least, I tell myself that! lol

DiarySecrets07fc100_zpsc59b7479.jpg

Now who is showing off!! :golfclap:

I actually like and have a lot of photo covers, but I do prioritize drawn/painted covers.

At one point I had 2 TADS 7s and a 9. Took me forever to find a 7, but since I've seen more 9s than 7s.

That Honeymoon Romance 2 is only the 2nd copy I can recall seeing. #1 is rare, but not as rare as 2. Confessions of Love 1 may be as rare as Honeymoon Romance 2. That's one that I can't recall seeing more than 1 or 2 of.

Sorry for the terrible scans.

145677.jpg.a6f14c8cc7dbc758d1caac2deba3aefb.jpg

145678.jpg.e7a5b681e4edd826ddd9a24651e60be3.jpg

145679.jpg.f5d1dc6df89cde32f597ed571e5dcd43.jpg

That Honeymoon Romance 2 is only the 2nd copy I can recall seeing. #1 is rare, but not as rare as 2. Confessions of Love 1 may be as rare as Honeymoon Romance 2. That's one that I can't recall seeing more than 1 or 2 of.

Eh...what? Sorry, I was momentarily stunned by the beautiful books (worship)

and I didn't catch that about the scans.

I remember when the Honeymoon went on CC. I was in on that bidding, but there can be only One! Which apparently was you!

And I kinda remember the Confessions 1 - was that sold here on the Boards by Flex for a friend? Or am I thinking of another digest?

theres a young lovers by Charlton with elvis on cover that I was told is the rarest of them all lol saw on Charlton s Rarest comics that it was one of theirs too. think it was #17 or #18

Not quite the rarest of them all. But certainly not easy either, not by a looong stretch.

YoungLovers18fc100_zps05acdb95.jpg

Lee now you're just showing off! (thumbs u

I have never owned a TADS 9, or 6 for that matter.

But I do own a 7. Fortunately for me, I am not hobbled with the archaic notion that photo covers are...unattractive. At least, I tell myself that! lol

DiarySecrets07fc100_zpsc59b7479.jpg

Now who is showing off!! :golfclap:

I actually like and have a lot of photo covers, but I do prioritize drawn/painted covers.

Ugh, that girl looks a little like my ex-wife... :roflmao: guess that's one i don't need...

Edited by tricolorbrian

Congrats!

A question, if you don't mind, Rip. The scratch or whatever it is under the N, is on the comic or the case?

and my experience with off-spine staples, which I prefer a bit as they don't encourage spine tears, is that there is a tradeoff with spine roll to some degree. Was that the case with this book - a little spine roll?

Andy

Edited by Dr. Love

Thats on my scanner. Persian cat hair I think. Another one above the word bubble.

No spine roll, although the book has some slight wavyness in the slab.

Edited by Rip

Eh...what? Sorry, I was momentarily stunned by the beautiful books (worship)

and I didn't catch that about the scans.

I remember when the Honeymoon went on CC. I was in on that bidding, but there can be only One! Which apparently was you!

And I kinda remember the Confessions 1 - was that sold here on the Boards by Flex for a friend? Or am I thinking of another digest?

You've got a memory like a steel trap! (worship)

Is the cover Cole? hm

Signed, on the small red table. Why, doesn't look like LB to you? His work really varies. Management has its responsibilities, sometimes he just roughed up the pencils I suppose.

Eagle-eyed! It did look Coleish but you are right that his work does seem to vary. It would make sense with his stupendous output that he would have relied on helpers/finishers of various sorts.

CGC seems hopeless with attributions of artists in romance books. At least they got the title right!