• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

40 Years of Punisher

56 posts in this topic

Love me Mr. Castle. Definitely my 2nd fav character after DD.

you just made the lightbulb in my head go off. :idea::idea::idea:

Daredevil has no powers either. He is basically a blind Batman lol

Daredevil would really impress me if he could drive the batmobile :tonofbricks:

lol a lot of people have made the DD-Batman "connection."

- Both dark, gritty, noir characters with no superpowers.

- Both lucky (but also unlucky if you know what I mean) with the ladies.

- Both had parent figure(s) die while young. A basis for who they are now.

- Both of their arch nemesis are pyschotic killers with no moral compass (Joker & Bullseye).

- Both have a non-super powered sidekick (Alfred the Butler and Foggy Nelson the assistant Lawyer).

- Scarecrow and Mr. Fear are essentially the same villain that use "fear gas."

- Both associated very much (even trained) with/by ninjas.

There's more, Im just typing off the top of my head.

you make excellent points...

So if you had a Hunger Games type scenario who would come out the champion out of non super powered non mutants? My money would be on Daredevil actually but this would be a great debate perhaps a new forum topic? hm

Batman

Daredevil

Green Arrow

Punisher

Iron Man

Are we allowing them to use their costumes, gadgets, etc?

Or are they going in with nothing but street clothes? lol

it would have to be like Hunger Games where all their guns, bow and arrow, night stick, guns, and utility belts would be in the middle and they run and fight for them....

You know what? This could be anybodys game i think everyone could come on here and make points of validations

it would be pretty cool if it came down to Oliver Queen vs. Frank Castle....

My favorite cover is probably the first Punisher I bought, 75. My mom didn't like it at all, but I thought it was awesome. She couldn't believe that comics were so violent, what with the bloody knife on the cover and all. Been a long time since I read that book, but I remember telling her that the knife was taken out of a cat that got in the way, so see, the Punisher wasn't a crazy killer.

Punisher_Vol_2_75.jpg

Also a big fan of Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe.

Great Cover!!!!!! he was basically the first hero that didnt f@ck around with capes and gimmicks and powers.

Batman, green arrow, the question, cap has the super soldier serum, we also got sgt rock and sgt fury and DD all came before frank but none of them as bad arse that for sure.

i think right off the bat even in ASM129 Punisher was shown as a non-remorseful take no prisoners justice seeker

everyone else before was some form or another of a boy scout

supes didnt kill

batman with no guns

flash was against silly villains

like your jpeg says, Frank was here just to arrange the meetings with a dirt nap

i think right off the bat even in ASM129 Punisher was shown as a non-remorseful take no prisoners justice seeker

everyone else before was some form or another of a boy scout

supes didnt kill

batman with no guns

flash was against silly villains

like your jpeg says, Frank was here just to arrange the meetings with a dirt nap

I agree with you there for sure. (thumbs u you should check out the punisher thread I posted

Something I know you can appreciate

Finally I received the very last ASM129 foreign edition from Italy

Oddly enough the book does not contain the 129 story but has a nice embossed 129 cover including a neat little pic on the spine

Italy did the most editions with 5 including a childrens activity sticker book where you placed the punisher stickers over the dotted outlined covers. Maybe not worth much but insane rare to find one with all the stickers intact

20140227_125130_zpsbcc128b8.jpg

20140227_125218_zps2f8fd960.jpg

20140227_125302_zpsc08bb44f.jpg

That is awesome. Shame it doesn't have 129 in it. 134 and 135 is pretty neat, though.

it has nice page glossy quality. i guess the italian editors thought the 129 cover fit best but share other first stories.

I am finally ready to prepare my 129 collection

I love that car you have in your signature line - awesome!

Dad is original owner transferred it into my my name 1993 it was purchased October 1968 for $2600.00. Original 78,000 miles fully frame off restoration.

Just put new these new wheels on in Sept. Here are the orignal rally wheels...

unnamed13_zpsc0faa333.jpg

Big Difference with new wheels. It is also featured on the wheel manufacturer website

unnamed19_zps5befc8c3.jpg

unnamed18_zps06e73e17.jpg

Beautiful! Love the color. I've always preferred the Malibu over the Chevelle.

What's under the hood?

350 small block 350 horse power Turbo Hydromatic

373 Ratio

manufactured in Kansas City, MO

I was able to track down the history with VIN # and dealership info

the 7th symbol signified the plant it was made in

it was a more family/sports car back then. The owners manual was the same for all 3 Chevelles, Camaros, and Novas

BuMJFmkKGrHqEOKj8EvV51BFGeBLUHbYdyQ_35_zps1ec8e4af.jpg

Had my first speeding ticket in it in 1994 :cloud9: