• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

40 Years of Punisher

56 posts in this topic

Something I know you can appreciate

Finally I received the very last ASM129 foreign edition from Italy

Oddly enough the book does not contain the 129 story but has a nice embossed 129 cover including a neat little pic on the spine

Italy did the most editions with 5 including a childrens activity sticker book where you placed the punisher stickers over the dotted outlined covers. Maybe not worth much but insane rare to find one with all the stickers intact

20140227_125130_zpsbcc128b8.jpg

20140227_125218_zps2f8fd960.jpg

20140227_125302_zpsc08bb44f.jpg

Did I tell ya I love this book Tony? :cloud9:

i think right off the bat even in ASM129 Punisher was shown as a non-remorseful take no prisoners justice seeker

everyone else before was some form or another of a boy scout

supes didnt kill

batman with no guns

flash was against silly villains

like your jpeg says, Frank was here just to arrange the meetings with a dirt nap

I was shocked to see Punisher actually kill someone with a head shot in Giant-Size Spider-Man. Maybe I'm way off base but that seems kind of rare in a super hero comic book (non war and not a magazine) from that time period. I just assumed he didn't actually kill anyone in a story with a gun until the 1980's.

Love me Mr. Castle. Definitely my 2nd fav character after DD.

you just made the lightbulb in my head go off. :idea::idea::idea:

Daredevil has no powers either. He is basically a blind Batman lol

Daredevil would really impress me if he could drive the batmobile :tonofbricks:

lol a lot of people have made the DD-Batman "connection."

- Both dark, gritty, noir characters with no superpowers.

- Both lucky (but also unlucky if you know what I mean) with the ladies.

- Both had parent figure(s) die while young. A basis for who they are now.

- Both of their arch nemesis are pyschotic killers with no moral compass (Joker & Bullseye).

- Both have a non-super powered sidekick (Alfred the Butler and Foggy Nelson the assistant Lawyer).

- Scarecrow and Mr. Fear are essentially the same villain that use "fear gas."

- Both associated very much (even trained) with/by ninjas.

There's more, Im just typing off the top of my head.

Erndog being such a big DD fan I can't believe you would agree DD has no super powers. His heightened senses are super power level. There really isn't even an argument for that.

what issue did DD receive his powers?

Wouldn't he be a mutant if he was born with his powers? (shrug)

i think he only has a heightened awareness due to loss of sight therefore he is like Batman very skilled but alas no powers or mutant born abilities

I need to go back and reread that Punisher story I could not remember if he ever killed anyone in the 1970s storylines

Love me Mr. Castle. Definitely my 2nd fav character after DD.

you just made the lightbulb in my head go off. :idea::idea::idea:

Daredevil has no powers either. He is basically a blind Batman lol

Daredevil would really impress me if he could drive the batmobile :tonofbricks:

lol a lot of people have made the DD-Batman "connection."

- Both dark, gritty, noir characters with no superpowers.

- Both lucky (but also unlucky if you know what I mean) with the ladies.

- Both had parent figure(s) die while young. A basis for who they are now.

- Both of their arch nemesis are pyschotic killers with no moral compass (Joker & Bullseye).

- Both have a non-super powered sidekick (Alfred the Butler and Foggy Nelson the assistant Lawyer).

- Scarecrow and Mr. Fear are essentially the same villain that use "fear gas."

- Both associated very much (even trained) with/by ninjas.

There's more, Im just typing off the top of my head.

Erndog being such a big DD fan I can't believe you would agree DD has no super powers. His heightened senses are super power level. There really isn't even an argument for that.

That's a good point. His hyper-sensitive sonar gives him an edge over average human beings, and should be considered a "power", even though he can't use it to directly affect people.

i think he only has a heightened awareness due to loss of sight therefore he is like Batman very skilled but alas no powers or mutant born abilities

I need to go back and reread that Punisher story I could not remember if he ever killed anyone in the 1970s storylines

I believe the canister that broke and caused his blindness also enhanced his other senses. And being 60s Marvel, I'll assume it was radiation in the canister.

I believe the canister that broke and caused his blindness also enhanced his other senses. And being 60s Marvel, I'll assume it was radiation in the canister.

It was and was still being referenced as heightening his other senses in the DD comics I e read from 10 or 12 years ago. I haven't read the Miller run in over 10 years but I thought his radar was 360 coverage which is better than seeing in some ways. The only limitation with his radar sense versus actual eye sight was the lack of seeing colors.

His senses are of ridiculous level. Reading non braile things such as news print with his finger tips. I seem to remember him reading a computer monitor as well. His smell is heightened. His hearing is very sharp and sensative. He can tell if people are lieing or who they are by the sound of their heart beat. (I always found that kind of hokey?) There was an issue in the 70's and meets Peter Parker and knows he's Spider-Man by his heart beat before either one knew each others identities. He can hear things from very far away and be near buildings and hear everything going on inside and pinpoint someone he is looking for within.

I believe his balance and agility were heightened as well. His hearing alone is super power level and not merely a little heightened due to his lack of sight.

I love that car you have in your signature line - awesome!

Dad is original owner transferred it into my my name 1993 it was purchased October 1968 for $2600.00. Original 78,000 miles fully frame off restoration.

Just put new these new wheels on in Sept. Here are the orignal rally wheels...

unnamed13_zpsc0faa333.jpg

Big Difference with new wheels. It is also featured on the wheel manufacturer website

unnamed19_zps5befc8c3.jpg

unnamed18_zps06e73e17.jpg

Yes. That's a really nice car my friend. I know this is off topic, but u motivated me to share mine. Not quite as nice as urs, but oh well.

20140816_180659_zpsx8qxfjee.jpg

20140528_132816_zpsb14kzpy1.jpg

Frank Castle would really look nice in your car for sure!

I love that car you have in your signature line - awesome!

Dad is original owner transferred it into my my name 1993 it was purchased October 1968 for $2600.00. Original 78,000 miles fully frame off restoration.

Just put new these new wheels on in Sept. Here are the orignal rally wheels...

unnamed13_zpsc0faa333.jpg

Big Difference with new wheels. It is also featured on the wheel manufacturer website

unnamed19_zps5befc8c3.jpg

unnamed18_zps06e73e17.jpg

Yes. That's a really nice car my friend. I know this is off topic, but u motivated me to share mine. Not quite as nice as urs, but oh well.

20140816_180659_zpsx8qxfjee.jpg

20140528_132816_zpsb14kzpy1.jpg

Frank Castle would really look nice in your car for sure!

Okay, both of those cards are pretty badass. Definitely worth the off topic.