• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the top 10 marvel silver keys?
3 3

187 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2021 at 8:16 PM, Venomous72 said:

I wonder what prices would be on Strange’s first appearance If this had been the cover of Strange Tales 110. Or some equivalently awesome Strange cover. 

60A2F52E-01D2-419F-90CA-808C12D73615.webp

I think that is certainly a factor. If that's the cover to Strange Tales #110, you can bet it would be +50% or more...

On 10/13/2021 at 9:16 PM, Venomous72 said:

I wonder what prices would be on Strange’s first appearance If this had been the cover of Strange Tales 110. Or some equivalently awesome Strange cover. 

60A2F52E-01D2-419F-90CA-808C12D73615.webp

On 10/13/2021 at 9:24 PM, AGGIEZ said:

I think that is certainly a factor. If that's the cover to Strange Tales #110, you can bet it would be +50% or more...

Good thing it isn't,  so I can take advantage of the price

I'll give it a go.

AF 15 - The Icon

FF 1 - Started what we know as the Marvel Universe

Hulk 1 - Hulk Smash

X-Men 1 - Collection of many of the most popular characters in Marveldom

ToS 39 - Tony Stark is legend

JiM 83 - Norse Gods are pretty cool

AV 1 - There is no "I" in team

FF 48 - I know it's later, but opening up the cosmos has driven many of the best storylines in Marvel, and that cover!

Daredevil 1 - Who doesn't love red Batman? This one could move up in coming years

ST 110 - I'm biased but I love Strange and bringing Magic to the Universe (plus Defenders are cool!)

Honorable Mention:

SGT Fury 1 - War title, iconic character

ASM 1 - Have to include it somewhere

AV 4 - Cap is back!

TTA 27/35 - One but not both. I FAR prefer 35 in this role but I know most tend to go with 27

FF 4 - Because yeah

Edited by flynavy807

On 10/13/2021 at 5:28 PM, Drummy said:

Haven't done this in a while -- and I appreciate everyone's thoughts and lists!  My thinking is on overall importance and influence since the day the book came out...both within the Marvel universe and in the wider culture.

1. AF 15 -- The hottest flame of the Marvel SA conflagration

2. FF 1 -- still the lynchpin of the universe and one of the best ever

3. X-Men 1 -- so many important characters and storylines were spawned by this book

4. Hulk 1 -- underappreciated in its day but a huge player in what makes Marvel Marvel

5. TOS 39 -- the MCU has helped transform this one into more than just another 1st appearance

6. JIM 83 -- almost neck and neck with #5

7. FF 5 -- Dr. Doom's influence, even as a 'mere' villain, looms large

8.FF 48 -- the cosmic awesomeness takes shape with the Surfer and Galactus

9. Avengers 4 -- not sure what the Marvel universe would have looked like without Cap back

10 ASM 1 -- the most important 'first issue' of a series without being a first appearance, which is why it's so low.  The first FF crossover also important.

Honorable Mention:  FF 52, ST 110, FF 4, DD 1, Avengers 1 (rounding out my top 15)

Second Round Honorable Mention:  TTA 27, FF 13, TOS 52, TOS 57, X-Men 4 (top 20)

I like the Black Widow pull on your 16-20 list. I'd have that as well had I gone to 20. Probably add FF 5 there as well. FF 52 for sure in top 20. Undecided on the other two.

Edited by flynavy807