• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blu Planet Comics in Long Island, New York goes off the deep end.

218 posts in this topic

Rich did a nice job describing the incident without piling on.

Actually, he was overly sympathetic to Blu Planet Comics, almost slamming the customer and Reddit for "not have realised the human trauma a comic store owner was going through". :blahblah:

Actually, he was overly sympathetic to Blu Planet Comics, almost slamming the customer and Reddit for "not have realised the human trauma a comic store owner was going through". :blahblah:

I agree. All of us experience "human trauma" in our lives. It's not an excuse for that kind of behavior.

Hey guys thanks for the kind words. This whole experience has been unreal. I'm still at a loss for words that a store owner, let alone anyone could respond in this way...it blew me away.

I'm just hoping my credit card company sorts this out -

That's why you just buy through ebay. Anybody tries this mess on an actual eBay transaction will get the $ yanked right outta their Paypal and you'll have your money back.

A simple "we are working to remedy the situation," should have sufficed by the dealer whether they working for a resolution or not. At least to save face.

And as soon as the reddit started to go viral, issue a refund and post in response to reddit, "we have already issued the customer a refund." /drama.

That's too simple and makes sense!

I guess the problem I have with Breaking Bad isn't really a problem after all. I'm like "who would be that dumb? Doing that makes no sense!". But if people like this store owner can't make simple logical business decisions, I guess maybe the show is realistic after all.

Hey guys thanks for the kind words. This whole experience has been unreal. I'm still at a loss for words that a store owner, let alone anyone could respond in this way...it blew me away.

That's why you just buy through ebay. Anybody tries this mess on an actual eBay transaction will get the $ yanked right outta their Paypal and you'll have your money back.

Why does he need eBay? I've always had an easier time filing a dispute directly with Paypal.

And while they did show the pic of the "I hope you die from AIDS" bit, nothing was said about it in the article. I thought that was kind of... off.

-slym

And while they did show the pic of the "I hope you die from AIDS" bit, nothing was said about it in the article. I thought that was kind of... off.

-slym

bleeding cool didnt do it as an editorial judgement, just a report of an incident.

A blow by blow assessment of all of the language Blu Planet used would have been a lot... I think letting their own words damn them did well enough....who cares what Rich thinks about it. He posted the incident, it gets even more eyes on a bad retailer and shows possible future customers what they could be in store for...

Why does he need eBay? I've always had an easier time filing a dispute directly with Paypal.

Well eBay owns PayPal so they're interconnected. But the threat of a negative on eBay usually makes things run smoother.

bleeding cool didnt do it as an editorial judgement, just a report of an incident.

Come on, of course he offered his own editorializing, such as:

"Whatever the behaviour of the original complainant and the online mass that the original post had raised..."

"We’re left with a customer who may not have realised the human trauma a comic store owner was going through"

And he was *extremely* kind to Blu Planet's behavior, and the only negative asides he gave were in response to the OP's and Reddit's behavior and the "unfeeling customer's" reaction to Blu's "death in the family".

Well eBay owns PayPal so they're interconnected. But the threat of a negative on eBay usually makes things run smoother.

I'm aware that eBay owns Paypal, but when you call to file a claim, you choose whether you want to file it with eBay or Paypal. I've always gone directly to Paypal and never had a problem.

I'm aware that eBay owns Paypal, but when you call to file a claim, you choose whether you want to file it with eBay or Paypal. I've always gone directly to Paypal and never had a problem.

Ah. I didn't even realize calling was a thing: I've just always used the eBay dispute feature or had it used on me: item not received/as described and then attempted to work it out instead of going right for the $.

So did the OP get his refund?

Nope. And no items either.

In other news, I have been contacted by a few different media outlets..

Wow, this guy really likes negative press. Why on earth won't he just refund you and begin the process of making this all go away? Is he still insisting on you deleting the reddit stuff first?

Heh - did my reports to all the major NYC outlets work, then? Or was this all due to BCN?

;)

Either way, I am glad this is getting the attention it deserves. All of his customers that don't keep up with the internet like some of us do will have a much harder time not seeing the owners' behaviour when there are news reporters sticking a microphone in his face asking "Why did you tell a customer that you hope he dies of AIDS?"

-slym

His stance has now changed from issuing me a refund if I delete my posts to stating he has shipped and I have received my product (which of course is nonsense).

Slym - no idea, either way, thank you for your help :)

I didn't even realize calling was a thing: I've always used the eBay dispute system or had it used on me: item not received/as described and worked it out from there

Heh - did my reports to all the major NYC outlets work, then? Or was this all due to BCN?

;)

Either way, I am glad this is getting the attention it deserves. All of his customers that don't keep up with the internet like some of us do will have a much harder time not seeing the owners' behaviour when there are news reporters sticking a microphone in his face asking "Why did you tell a customer that you hope he dies of AIDS?"

-slym

Comic book rabble-rouser! :baiting:

Braveheart.gif