• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How a moron grades...

29 posts in this topic

Ok maybe I was a insufficiently_thoughtful_person to buy it but I really wanted this book for the price that I was able to get it at.

Maybe? errrr - just kidding! grin.gif

I think this sux but unfortunately not unexpected. NM and higher are definitely the most difficult grades to ... well ... grade.

At work where I usually receive my comics, folks that see Fines say things like "Wow! It looks brand new!" I have even had this happen with VG books. Even when I start to point out all the flaws that make such a book VG or FN, they STILL say "Wow! Looks brand new!" on my next shipment (except one guy, who is learning fast!)

I appreciate the circumstances too. A book you want. Just saw it on ebay. Excellent price. Almost no time left. NOT an enviable position to be in.

But it sounds like things may have worked out with a refund. Would be interesting to see if the book gets re-listed how it is described.

Maybe you should have tried to sell it to stockwizard instead of getting a refund. With him that book would easily qualify as a MINT 10.0 All kidding aside, I feel your pain. Worst overgraded book I bought was a Green Lantern 76 VF that came in as a VG- with glue on the spine(lots of it). From a guy with over 1000 feedback too.

Ouch.....that does suck.

I refuse to buy books from the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons that put up smaller scans that have obviously been cropped to not show the edges and corners of a book. That really ticks me off. You can tell that this seller INTENTIONALLY cut off the left edge of the book where most of the damage is. mad.gif