• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Albedo #1 & #2 Club
5 5

439 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2020 at 9:51 PM, SpideyFein said:

CGC sometimes grades this book, along with turtles one lighlty. I suppose it's due to the black cover and type of paper used. You never quite know what you're going to get.

That's interesting... I was definitely surprised when mine came back a 9.0 due to all the spine ticks. A couple of people around here commented the same... I had it around 8.0...

On 29 September 2020 at 6:42 PM, david20009 said:

I saw that.  It was a very weak 9.2, at least from a presentation perspective.  There are 8.0s that present better than that book.  I was trying to figure out how it was in a 9.2 case.  I would not have touched it.

That book has no business being a 9.2 waaaay off.. 8.0-8.5 the most.. Whoever graded it must of done it in the dark 

On 29 September 2020 at 11:51 AM, SpideyFein said:

That's about a $1000 decrease from the last 9.2, but still decent for the seller. It's a lowly looking 9.2 as well. I could easily see this book in a 9.0 holder. CGC sometimes grades this book, along with turtles one lighlty. I suppose it's due to the black cover and type of paper used. You never quite know what you're going to get.  

I was just looking at my copy yesterday. I love this book. The cover is so subtle, yet so demonstrative! Usagi can give you so much with just one look. 

Book is gonna be a beast when the Netflix series starts 

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Yes,  Usagi has cooled off since the announcement so I've been quietly buying more Usagi 1,  Space Usagi 1s and other cheaper keys... once the show appears.... everything will boost significantly

Albedo #1 I seen went for 650 9.8 CGC  I believe on Comiclink  last week so this one is def a book to look for. 

Edited by Kalel38

7 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Wow I seen that price I think on Cover price but didn’t know from what site. That’s a great strong price for a ultra rare book. It’s gotta be 9.0-92. You rarely see this book in raw form and the census is what? Under 180? In the census 🤔

1 minute ago, Kalel38 said:

Wow I seen that price I think on Cover price but didn’t know from what site. That’s a great strong price for a ultra rare book. It’s gotta be 9.0-92. You rarely see this book in raw form and the census is what? Under 180? In the census 🤔

I know... what's crazier is that the seller seems to only sell vhs tapes... so I wonder what the story is..

Just now, Wolverinex said:

I know... what's crazier is that the seller seems to only sell vhs tapes... so I wonder what the story is..

Good point... Seller sells vhs tapes and one hell of a rare comic weird 😳..One book to keep ur eye on is Albedo #1 the dull rare cover of only 500 printed. I picked up a copy the other day from a shop in Seattle who had a copy from Steve Galiccia. It has a tiny bit of rust on the staples being from Seattle and the weather from there, but the condition was too nice to pass up regardless of the tiny rust on it. They are too hard to find the first print and for it being a prototype of Usagi a must have 

2 minutes ago, Kalel38 said:

Good point... Seller sells vhs tapes and one hell of a rare comic weird 😳..One book to keep ur eye on is Albedo #1 the dull rare cover of only 500 printed. I picked up a copy the other day from a shop in Seattle who had a copy from Steve Galiccia. It has a tiny bit of rust on the staples being from Seattle and the weather from there, but the condition was too nice to pass up regardless of the tiny rust on it. They are too hard to find the first print and for it being a prototype of Usagi a must have 

Sweet!  Do you have a photo? Is it the red one?

47 minutes ago, Kalel38 said:

Very strong price for a raw, especially how easy it is to miss color touch on these. Not sure I would necessarily consider this book as "ultra rare," however, when many GA books have maybe a few dozen copies in existence, though I suppose everything is relative. 

9 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Very strong price for a raw, especially how easy it is to miss color touch on these. Not sure I would necessarily consider this book as "ultra rare," however, when many GA books have maybe a few dozen copies in existence, though I suppose everything is relative. 

Print run of Albedo 2 was 2000 and how many survived from 1984? Maybe 1/4 of them so maybe 250-300?? If there were more im sure the census would be gaining more at this moment but unfortunately not. With only less then 180 on census I seriously doubt we will see anything in the future of 300 graded copies. So to answer yes this is a very rare sought after grail book. Most golden age mega keys don’t have a few hundred in census and they are over 70+yrs old depending what key issue they are. For a copper age book of the 80s that produced far from few issues that most marvel and dc books that were printed in the 100s of thousands this Albedo 2 is def one book to look out for in the future 

2 minutes ago, Kalel38 said:

Print run of Albedo 2 was 2000 and how many survived from 1984? Maybe 1/4 of them so maybe 250-300?? If there were more im sure the census would be gaining more at this moment but unfortunately not. With only less then 180 on census I seriously doubt we will see anything in the future of 300 graded copies. So to answer yes this is a very rare sought after grail book. Most golden age mega keys don’t have a few hundred in census and they are over 70+yrs old depending what key issue they are. For a copper age book of the 80s that produced far from few issues that most marvel and dc books that were printed in the 100s of thousands this Albedo 2 is def one book to look out for in the future 

I'm not sure I quite follow all of your points here but I'll take the bet that there are closer to 2000 copies in existence than there are 300. The vast majority of collectors have no interest in slabs. 

33 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

I'm not sure I quite follow all of your points here but I'll take the bet that there are closer to 2000 copies in existence than there are 300. The vast majority of collectors have no interest in slabs. 

I seriously doubt there are close to 2000 in existence that’s like saying there would be close to 3000 first print copies of Tmnt #1 and 2000 still in raw state because collectors like them raw 

1 minute ago, Kalel38 said:

I seriously doubt there are close to 2000 in existence that’s like saying there would be close to 3000 first print copies of Tmnt #1 and 2000 still in raw state because collectors like them raw 

Another bet I would take. 

3 minutes ago, Kalel38 said:

The book is 36yrs old as is Tmnt 1 the odds of there being close to the original numbers printed in collections is as much chance there being 500 ActionComics #1 copies in grandpas old chest in the attic 

It's...nothing like that at all.