• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Albedo #1 & #2 Club
5 5

439 posts in this topic

That's a nice copy ! been staring at this copy for awhile now pretty good price & you get the rare 1st print as well !! I might just snap and go for it soon :insane:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Albedo-1-vol-1-1984-1985-DARK-RED-LIGHT-RED-SET-Usagi-Yojimbo-Prototype-FN-1st-/360871578435?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item54059f4b43

I emailed the seller a couple weeks back asking if he'd break up the set but he never responded. Seems like a decent price either way.

MCS had a mid-grader 2nd print listed for a while but looks like it sold.

I'm in the #2 Club! I wanted this one BAD, ever since I saw it previewed at Heritage a couple weeks or so ago. I've always wanted Usagi's first appearance ever since I read the 1st issue of his original series and the Summer Special back in the 80s. Just been one of those personal grails for me. Plus, I've been enjoying buying the Don / Maggie Thompson pedigree. So when I saw this issue pedigree, I was all "MINE!!!" Overpaid, but don't care.

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Albedo2_zpsa989e2ec.jpg

I'm in the #2 Club! I wanted this one BAD, ever since I saw it previewed at Heritage a couple weeks or so ago. I've always wanted Usagi's first appearance ever since I read the 1st issue of his original series and the Summer Special back in the 80s. Just been one of those personal grails for me. Plus, I've been enjoying buying the Don / Maggie Thompson pedigree. So when I saw this issue pedigree, I was all "MINE!!!" Overpaid, but don't care.

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Albedo2_zpsa989e2ec.jpg

:applause:(worship):applause:(worship)

:)

Btw, how the hell do you officially pronounce this title? I've always pronounced it like either al-BAY-doe or al-BEE-doe depending on the day. But for all I know, it could be AL-bee-doe or AL-bee-due, or al-BEE-due? (shrug)

Hell, I just learned last Fall that Comico is not pronounced comic-oe, but co-MEE-coe. What the what?!

Man that's one good looking book congrats dane :applause: never seen a pedigree copy before very nice (worship) Welcome to the club the "al-bee-doe" club lol

Thanks, RJS! Ok, so I'll officially start calling it al-BEE-doe! :insane:

Yeah, thinking about it, this may end up being the only pedigree copy out there, much like the TMNT 1, 2 and 3 that I bought recently from this pedigree collection. I just can't imagine there would be another pedigree-like collection out there containing these Copper keys. I mean, how many hobbyists from the Golden / Silver Ages would possibly also have these books. I figure only Don & Maggie since they were in the industry on the press side. (shrug)

Edited by dane323

:o Did you say Pedigree TMNT 1, 2, & 3 !!!! Holy :censored: man I'm talking to the one & only owner all right, what an honor (worship) love to see them some day :grin: my TMNT #1 is a one of a kind grail it self, it used to belong to one of Kevin Eastman's closest friend Louie Audet he was his boss when Kevin was a freshmen in high school, he worked for him in his restaurant. Later Louie made him chase his dream as a artist, & the rest was TMNT history !!!

IMG_0988.jpg