• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Downloading Golden Age Comics

27 posts in this topic

I have a huge collection of digital comics from a lot of sources (I love the internet and the people I meet there). If there is any comic in particular you want digitally, PM me: I do not mind sharing and I probably have it :)

Many have been kind and shared their copies of books with me, I might as well pass on the good karma!

I purchased the app and so far I'm really enjoy it. The first comic I downloaded was Teen-age Dope Slaves. I'll most likely never be able to afford a copy so it was great getting to download/read it for the cost of a nickle (20 downloads for 1$).

As a follow up to this I bought some various DVDs as reference and I found the quality to be pretty good. They are taken from difference and some titles had more hols then others but overall I was happy. My biggest problem was finding a safe reader, I had to go through 3 before I go to one that worked and even that brought a ton of problems to the computer with popups and spy ware...

I can see a little bit of the attraction of reading stuff on an ipad but I would still rather flip through a real book.

James G

I purchased the app and so far I'm really enjoy it. The first comic I downloaded was Teen-age Dope Slaves. I'll most likely never be able to afford a copy so it was great getting to download/read it for the cost of a nickle (20 downloads for 1$).

Thanks Machiavelli for the nice words. I am glad you find Dime Comics a good value. And just to point out that buying the 75 download points means each issue is $.04...and UNLIMITED at $6.99 means you can get each issue for less than a penny if you download enough comics :D

I prefer to read my comics on my iPad (especially since Golden Age comics are too expensive to own physically).

Does anyone not think this is now the best way to read our comics.

No, but this is very handy.

I also don’t think iPad and similar devices are the best for onscreen reading.

The e-ink technologies implemented for eBooks before Apple started all the fad with iPad should be the way to go, although of course reading books is different.

Anyway, I want to read on paper, unless is something temporary or that I would not keep.