• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do any of you guys press moderns?

507 posts in this topic

Sounds like someone got what they wanted from you, the CGC board member. Now that he has it, he's back to insults. You folks got played and you either don't realize it or for some reason don't care. :roflmao:

sounds like "U MAD" and you still trollin.

Troll on my good man, troll on.

trollers_gonna_troll-1024x924.jpg

Sounds like someone got what they wanted from you, the CGC board member. Now that he has it, he's back to insults. You folks got played and you either don't realize it or for some reason don't care. :roflmao:

sounds like "U MAD" and you still trollin.

Pray tell. How do you read his post? Is it an FDQ exit from this thread? A chance to take potshots at the board in general? Something that I'm reading wrong.

I've not said one word in about a week in here. Larry posted his pressing info and I read but didn't say anything. Yet somehow I'm trolling for mentioning that the post is either an insult or something that makes no sense?

Not sure why you have such a hard on for me, but that troll you're looking for might be closer than you think.

Pray tell. How do you read his post?

I'll tell you how your posts read instead, mmm'kay

Your troll-olo-olo-lol post first:

Am I the only either confused or insulted by this post?

1.) false dichotomy, get used to that, its your main passive aggressive troll tool. You love to try and create two groups, us and them, then argue you from your false premise

2.) fein being insulted. Of course you aren't insulted by his post, cause you dont care, you just looking for the segway to get those troll engines rev'd up.

Either it doesn't make any sense or Larry is, once again

1.) false dichotomy, gain, quelle surprise. Because your fake "two options" MUST be the only possibilities.

Larry is, once again, calling everyone here a dink and telling you that you suck. We're all fairly ignorant?

1.) Assumption without proof. You claim larry is doing something he always does, with nothing to back you up. fail!

2.) There it is AGAIN folks, you're own little fantasy US and THEM. The false attribution of "WE" to some imaginary group that of course includes you, and doesnt include Larry.

3.) but wait, there's yet more BS in this sentence, look closer:

"telling you that you suck"

The mighty Trollplant ( lol ), takes a timeout from his fake US and THEM aspersions to reveal that not only is he trolling, but he believes he is trolling for an audience. Of course, an audience of ignorants who need his troll powers to be educated in the true evil that is Larry.

Sounds like someone got what they wanted from you, the CGC board member.

1.) Apparently this new fake US and THEM means that TROLLPLANT isnt a CGC board member. His super elite inner clique of GPA ghetto vets, moderators, and people who PAID SOMEONE to teach them how to press (again lol ), give out secret decoder rings that let them post here without actually being members.

It's funny, and i'll take a one paragraph timeout from taking Trollplant apart here, how often you see this sort of delusional baseless arrogance in everyday life. People who think they are in the know, and love to use words like Sheeple, The Masses, The Public, etc, so blind to the fact they are exactly what they try to generalize others as....i digress.

Now that he has it, he's back to insults.

1.) Straight up false. He's argued with the same people from the beginning of this thread. Those who attacked him first and those who would try and prevent free speech.

You folks got played and you either don't realize it or for some reason don't care.

1.) wait for it....wait for it.... False Dichotomy again lol .This Trollplant sure is a one-track record. Please inform US what YOU in all your glorious knowledge, managed to avoid.

A chance to take potshots at the board in general? Something that I'm reading wrong.

1.) Baseless claim, phrased as a question. Actually, it was a chance to learn about pressing, share it publicly with all, and give out free stuff to those who weren't dissuaded by you and other thread derailers.

I've not said one word in about a week in here. Larry posted his pressing info and I read but didn't say anything. Yet somehow I'm trolling for mentioning that the post is either an insult or something that makes no sense?

1.) False premise. How often you post in the thread, or how long a hiatus you take, have nothing to do with being a Troll(plant).

2.) Read up, buttercup, as they say. I break down the Blow by Trolly-Blow, for all to see.

Not sure why you have such a hard on for me, but that troll you're looking for might be closer than you think.

1.) Thanks for the sexual harassment, but i'll pass, you arent my type.

2.) In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people:

-by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages

(in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog)),

either accidentally or with the deliberate intent

of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

====================================

So Trollplant, I conclude with this summary:

-Stop derailing/trolling this thread with your little rhetorical word games

-U MAD

and

========================

TL,DR

========================

Trollplant ... lol

Pray tell. How do you read his post?

I'll tell you how your posts read instead, mmm'kay

Your troll-olo-olo-lol post first:

Am I the only either confused or insulted by this post?

1.) false dichotomy, get used to that, its your main passive aggressive troll tool. You love to try and create two groups, us and them, then argue you from your false premise

2.) fein being insulted. Of course you aren't insulted by his post, cause you dont care, you just looking for the segway to get those troll engines rev'd up.

Either it doesn't make any sense or Larry is, once again

1.) false dichotomy, gain, quelle surprise. Because your fake "two options" MUST be the only possibilities.

Larry is, once again, calling everyone here a dink and telling you that you suck. We're all fairly ignorant?

1.) Assumption without proof. You claim larry is doing something he always does, with nothing to back you up. fail!

2.) There it is AGAIN folks, you're own little fantasy US and THEM. The false attribution of "WE" to some imaginary group that of course includes you, and doesnt include Larry.

3.) but wait, there's yet more BS in this sentence, look closer:

"telling you that you suck"

The mighty Trollplant ( lol ), takes a timeout from his fake US and THEM aspersions to reveal that not only is he trolling, but he believes he is trolling for an audience. Of course, an audience of ignorants who need his troll powers to be educated in the true evil that is Larry.

Sounds like someone got what they wanted from you, the CGC board member.

1.) Apparently this new fake US and THEM means that TROLLPLANT isnt a CGC board member. His super elite inner clique of GPA ghetto vets, moderators, and people who PAID SOMEONE to teach them how to press (again lol ), give out secret decoder rings that let them post here without actually being members.

It's funny, and i'll take a one paragraph timeout from taking Trollplant apart here, how often you see this sort of delusional baseless arrogance in everyday life. People who think they are in the know, and love to use words like Sheeple, The Masses, The Public, etc, so blind to the fact they are exactly what they try to generalize others as....i digress.

Now that he has it, he's back to insults.

1.) Straight up false. He's argued with the same people from the beginning of this thread. Those who attacked him first and those who would try and prevent free speech.

You folks got played and you either don't realize it or for some reason don't care.

1.) wait for it....wait for it.... False Dichotomy again lol .This Trollplant sure is a one-track record. Please inform US what YOU in all your glorious knowledge, managed to avoid.

A chance to take potshots at the board in general? Something that I'm reading wrong.

1.) Baseless claim, phrased as a question. Actually, it was a chance to learn about pressing, share it publicly with all, and give out free stuff to those who weren't dissuaded by you and other thread derailers.

1.) False premise. How often you post in the thread, or how long a hiatus you take, have nothing to do with being a Troll(plant).

2.) Read up, buttercup, as they say. I break down the Blow by Trolly-Blow, for all to see.

1.) Thanks for the sexual harassment, but i'll pass, you arent my type.

2.) In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people:

-by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages

(in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog)),

either accidentally or with the deliberate intent

of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

-U MAD

and

========================

TL,DR

========================

Trollplant ... lol

Transplant's right, you do have a hard on for him.

-U MAD

Wow. That was a lot of words.

As for the concept of derailing, I don't get how you can derail a thread where the OP seems to have said that he quit? I read that to mean he's done with the thread and its purpose.

To everyone else:

Did I read Larry's post wrong? Is he NOT insulting the people here? (shrug)

You're mostly d-inks...

95% of the posters on this forum s-uck

( you ALL HAVE to agree)

Overall as an online community, you're all fairly ignorant.

CBT. It reads like Larry is calling everyone a dink. It's not the first time Larry has called everyone a dink. It's the third time that I have seen it (and only one of those was called for).

... basically that last post (unless I stand corrected) is along the lines of him saying "I am doing all the hard work here for free, you guys suck at contributing, abandon thread.". Looks like the thread has gone full circle. Sorry but there is no US and THEM or trolling in that last post. Just feels like someone commenting on how they belong to a superior 5%... (shrug) It's a shame he must really feel this way because this place is a vibrant community for your average collector as there is so much knowledge here. I'm happy to comment in threads and show an even hand, but Larry has played right into the stereotype that people have him cast as, giving their comments the credibility they previously were lacking plus he started to speak for everyone ("ALL")... again something that I have always thought is kinda dumb.

Getting upset because Joes aren't banding together and spending $100's on a press and contributing in a little over 2 weeks is kinda uncalled for. Turning around and saying something like "Actually guys this is a lot of work keeping the thread going and I am really busy. Dig the thread up again when you can contribute." Would not have excluded "95%" of the boards. It's nice that Larry posted a lot of interesting reading material and offered free stuff to get people contributing, just ended up pretty thoughtless.

CBT. It reads like Larry is calling everyone a dink. It's not the first time Larry has called everyone a dink. It's the third time that I have seen it (and only one of those was called for).

... basically that last post (unless I stand corrected) is along the lines of him saying "I am doing all the hard work here for free, you guys suck at contributing, abandon thread.". Looks like the thread has gone full circle. Sorry but there is no US and THEM or trolling in that last post. Just feels like someone commenting on how they belong to a superior 5%... (shrug) It's a shame he must really feel this way because this place is a vibrant community for your average collector as there is so much knowledge here. I'm happy to comment in threads and show an even hand, but Larry has played right into the stereotype that people have him cast as, giving their comments the credibility they previously were lacking plus he started to speak for everyone ("ALL")... again something that I have always thought is kinda dumb.

Getting upset because Joes aren't banding together and spending $100's on a press and contributing in a little over 2 weeks is kinda uncalled for. Turning around and saying something like "Actually guys this is a lot of work keeping the thread going and I am really busy. Dig the thread up again when you can contribute." Would not have excluded "95%" of the boards. It's nice that Larry posted a lot of interesting reading material and offered free stuff to get people contributing, just ended up pretty thoughtless.

This man (garf) is owed a few free pressings.

And I now have 3 people on ignore. All 3 in the last 2 months.

And Mike observations from the very beginning have been spot on.

This looks like an awful lot of time, effort and cost. Eff it, I'll just leave it to the pros if / when I decide to have books pressed. To quote Dead Kennedys: 'Give me convenience or give me death!"

To quote Dead Kennedys: 'Give me convenience or give me death!"

I prefer "California Uber Alles!"

7" version or "In God We Trust" version? For me the "Welcome to 1984" on the later version cinches it (thumbs u

This looks like an awful lot of time, effort and cost. Eff it, I'll just leave it to the pros if / when I decide to have books pressed. To quote Dead Kennedys: 'Give me convenience or give me death!"

Ironically, this will be one of the results of this thread. A lot of folks are going to see what it requires to press books, and decide to work with established pressing services.

Garf I respect you a lot, and I do understand what you are saying. I don't see it all the way you do, but I have no problem with respectful disagreements.

I do especially agree with what are you are saying in the second paragraph:

"Getting upset because Joes aren't banding together and spending $100's on a press and contributing in a little over 2 weeks is kinda uncalled for. "

If Larry has abandoned the thread for those reasons, that's disappointing. A lot of people have really enjoyed this thread, in spite of all the hate and vitriol people with no interest in it have brought here.

I did not read his comment the way you did, I felt like he was speaking to those disruptive people who have been arguing with him and off-topic harassing. I dont think its 95%, but I know what he is saying regarding the board. There is a boat load of scumbags and arrogant nerds on here, especially in comics general. The boards REALLY need proper (non-nepotism) moderation.

I have never seen another corporation associated message board in the WORLD that allows the stuff that goes on here.

Anyway, my main beef remains:

I have always ALWAYS been an ardent believer in free speech, and any and all people who try to squelch someone should be ashamed of themselves. Regardless of how those people feel about someone, or what that person may or may not have done other places, has nothing to do with this thread.

As for the rest of it, I'll just let it drop. I think its very clear and speaks for itself, I've said my bit, maybe more sarcastically than necessary, but sometimes people lacking self-awareness need their tree shaken to wake up.

I've said not one word directed to you joey, if you want to block me, thats why the feature is there. I've got my fair share of people blocked, Turdplant now included, its definitely a very useful feature.

I've said not one word directed to you joey, if you want to block me, thats why the feature is there. I've got my fair share of people blocked, Turdplant now included, its definitely a very useful feature.

You talk of free speech and then have to use derogatory terms to get your point across. Believe it or not I have some experience in life, and knowing what I know about Larry from others that have dealt with him in the past...this thread had no other way of ending. Personally I did not think it would be Larry to end off the way he did, but why be nice after you get what you want.

You talk of free speech and then have to use derogatory terms to get your point across. Believe it or not I have some experience in life, and knowing what I know about Larry from others that have dealt with him in the past...this thread had no other way of ending. Personally I did not think it would be Larry to end off the way he did, but why be nice after you get what you want.

I agree, Turdplant was unecessary (and selfish/childish, since it was mostly for my own lulz lol ), but its more of an expression of frustration to see his ilk getting their way in trolling the thread under.

Larry and I have had our own share of disagreements, but we have also agreed sometimes as well. Regardless of what "others" have had to deal with in the past, this thread was a public service, and none of those other things occurred here.

The amount of bashing he takes on the chin every time he posts, I am surprised he posts at all. The Larry haters on these boards are equally as bad as the things they accuse him of.

I do hope the thread goes on, everything to do with pressing should be open and public. Its in the best long term interests of the hobby. The information being disseminated isn't going to affect real professionals like yourself.

I agree, Turdplant was unecessary (and selfish/childish, since it was mostly for my own lulz lol ), but its more of an expression of frustration to see his ilk getting their way in trolling the thread under.

Larry and I have had our own share of disagreements, but we have also agreed sometimes as well. Regardless of what "others" have had to deal with in the past, this thread was a public service, and none of those other things occurred here.

The amount of bashing he takes on the chin every time he posts, I am surprised he posts at all. The Larry haters on these boards are equally as bad as the things they accuse him of.

I do hope the thread goes on, everything to do with pressing should be open and public. Its in the best long term interests of the hobby. The information being disseminated isn't going to affect real professionals like yourself.

Most likely no, but the way this thread was started the intent was to benefit Larry. Along the way others were able to glean, but the end result was to stand on the shoulders of others.