• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outcast - Kirkman & Azaceta

1,088 posts in this topic

At this point i'm not seeing anything that could deflate the prices in the near term.

Supply of 9.8 slabs hitting the market. I guarantee there are some grading orders with 10+ books in the pipeline right now.

Buyers need to be aware that the 2nd Printing & 1st Printing are identical except for the fact that it says 2nd printing in tiny lettering. Some people will just pick it up without realizing it.

At least it's on the front cover though. You usually see that on the bottom of the title page in fine print.

Agree. I would sell every 9.8 slab I had for what they are getting on EBay right now. I predict one year from now they will be selling for less than a $100. You can still pick them up raw at some LCS. There are ample copies on their way to CGC right now. In the next month you will see lots for sale.

Agree. I would sell every 9.8 slab I had for what they are getting on EBay right now. I predict one year from now they will be selling for less than a $100. You can still pick them up raw at some LCS. There are ample copies on their way to CGC right now. In the next month you will see lots for sale.

+1 sell quick. no way this book is WD caliber. (my challenge to Kirkman to prove me wrong!! :P )

+1 sell quick. no way this book is WD caliber. (my challenge to Kirkman to prove me wrong!! :P )

Regardless.. Outcast 9.8 outsells WD 127 9.8, and WD127 is Outcast's 1st app + smaller print run

I have a CGC 9.8 subscription for the Walking Dead and the WD #127 is over priced as well. This is another comic that will be around $50 a year from now. I like Outcast and I have a stack of #1's but it's not a $200 + comic. This price is asinine especially considering you can still pick up the first issue at some LCS for cover price. On Saturday I picked up three 9.8 candidates for cover so whoever is paying over $200 for a CGC graded 9.8 is smoking crack.

I will be very surprised if the value is $100 a year from today. The print run is to high and there will be hundreds graded 9.8 before you know it.

Regardless.. Outcast 9.8 outsells WD 127 9.8, and WD127 is Outcast's 1st app + smaller print run

Walking Dead 93 was the Thief of Thieves preview and nobody really cared, even when ToT was hot. The number 1 issue will always outsell the preview (unless of course 127 beats it for other reasons - like the time jump and first appearances).

Walking Dead 93 was the Thief of Thieves preview and nobody really cared, even when ToT was hot. The number 1 issue will always outsell the preview (unless of course 127 beats it for other reasons - like the time jump and first appearances).

I agree with this though I think Walking Dead #127 does have a number of potential reasons it could get hot all by itself.

:golfclap:

I feel comfortable on holding for a bit.

I wasn't quick enough submitting them to CGC to get the first to market prices, so option B is to wait until the show is further along in development.

This one is safer than most of the shows that get optioned for a few reasons.

1.) Kirkman actually has some leverage because of WD, which many other creators do not.

2.) He is writing the -script himself, and is already at work on it.

3.) Cinemax (owned by HBO) has made original content a priority, and will likely try to have the Pilot in the can for their Summer or Fall 2015 Schedule

4.) Will attract more mainstream attention than other Non-Marvel/DC properties that get adapted, because of the "From the Creator of the Walking Dead" tags it will likely carry

5.) Horror shows are Golden right now. With WD, American Horror Story, The Strain and others pulling such great numbers, Horror Television has been money in the bank in the last few years.

I wasn't quick enough submitting them to CGC to get the first to market prices, so option B is to wait until the show is further along in development.

1.) Kirkman actually has some leverage because of WD, which many other creators do not.

3.) Cinemax (owned by HBO) has made original content a priority, and will likely try to have the Pilot in the can for their Summer or Fall 2015 Schedule

4.) Will attract more mainstream attention than other Non-Marvel/DC properties that get adapted, because of the "From the Creator of the Walking Dead" tags it will likely carry

5.) Horror shows are Golden right now. With WD, American Horror Story, The Strain and others pulling such great numbers, Horror Television has been money in the bank in the last few years.

Add Hellblazer to that list

Good points (thumbs u