• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Outcast - Kirkman & Azaceta

1,088 posts in this topic

Anyone going to the Paul Azaceta signing OUTCAST #1 & 2 in Queens, NY tonight at Royal Collectibles? It's from 6pm-8pm. Khary Randolph is also coming by to sign Tech Jacket #1.

http://www.conventionscene.com/2014/07/08/nyc-outcasttechjacket-signing/

Apparently they have a CGC rep witnessing so you can get your books signed & sent down to Florida for the CGC treatment.

I think it was pretty impressive the price of a 9.8 Outcast went for... Pretty smart on the part on eBayers that were first to the fight. I think it'll hold some value for a bit. The flood is coming, but in a year or so..shows coming too... It'll be above $100. Even if a lot are slabbed. A good book is a good book. If it turns out to be good, then it'll have value ! Great convo guys, I'm really enjoying it!

I thought the second issue was better than the first. It really packed an emotional punch.

One thing I really liked was the pacing. I like how Kirkman allowed the artist to tell a lot of the story. Some of the panels without words were really powerful.

I'm intrigued and excited for this series. Kirkman just seems to be firing on all cylinders right now. It is a shame Marvel couldn't hold on to him…

Issue 2 out today and no variants.

and it's quite a snoozefest. still not sure about this book...and the hype surrounding it.

I am the complete opposite, I found it to be a great 2nd issue.

Totally agree, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. This guy sure can write interesting characters.

IMG_4897_Copy.jpg

IMG_4893_Copy.jpg

That was alot of fun, both Paul and Khary were very cool. Got some books signed and a couple of sketches witnessed and on the way to get slabbed.

Thank you Royal Collectibles!

I forgot my Sketchbook! :frustrated:

But I did get OUTCAST #1 & 2 signed and off to CGC. They said it should be back by Sept. Great price to CGC each book too.

Royal Collectibles is the jewel in the crown of LCS, and yesterday was full proof of it!

Where else are you going to have artists in the caliber of those 2 appear, free of charge, get a sketch/signature with a witness at no additional charge to those of CGC and find ample copies of new releases which are otherwise long gone at other stores. All that and the friendliest staff you'll ever find in any store with a long history in the biz, oh, and free parking ;) Im so lucky to live in the neighborhood =)

Furthermore, I can't express how inspiring it is for an artist/writer of any series to be as humble as those two were yesterday, if you like a certain book and find it to be a good read, the impact that an artist/writer has on you when you meet them personally, gets you all that more excited to follow his/her book.

I thought Outcast was a great book and the art was well above average while reading it, and now I can say this is a regular book on my pull list.

I thought the second issue was better than the first. It really packed an emotional punch.

One thing I really liked was the pacing. I like how Kirkman allowed the artist to tell a lot of the story. Some of the panels without words were really powerful.

I'm intrigued and excited for this series. Kirkman just seems to be firing on all cylinders right now. It is a shame Marvel couldn't hold on to him…

Kirkman did an interview a couple of years ago where he described how he'd been treated at Marvel. IIRC, he described a ton of editorial interference, and attempts to get him to write stories 'the Marvel way'. :(

Thank you, fellas! I quite enjoy intellectual debates... And I hope to join in more convos here. I gotta say, I think Outcast is going to be a great book. Really, looking forward to see where it goes. I can see how the graded 9.8s took off! The flood will hit soon and the prices will drop. But, it'll retain some value and steady out. When the show hits... You know! Looking forward to a few great years out of this book. Kirkman can write and develop characters. Which is essential for long lasting anything!

He is great at making us care about his characters. From Rick in TWD to Mark in Invincible to all of the primary and even supporting characters he creates, he makes us care. He is either a great writer or a master manipulator. Either way, Kirkman's books rock. :headbang: