• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cherry City Con - Salem, Oregon May 10-11

34 posts in this topic

Smaller attendance today as was expected but I actually had more sales than yesterday and I was pretty happy with yesterday so today was :whee:

Sold a couple of slabs, some silver and bronze raws, lots of 50 cent books and lots of magnets

Picked up 5 long boxes of modern semi-drek (that doesn't know it's semi-drek yet nor apparently do fans?) as I left the show for a song. Good fodder for the 50 cent bin and possibly some non-drek?

I only took photos of my booth so hopefully Toast captured some of the more colorful characters.

Yeah, I got a couple of photos of some costumes. A very good inaugural show overall. Lots of nice people, a good stream of customers, plenty of sales, and the booth I had was huge. Over 2,000 people the first day, but the 10 hour day on Saturday was a bit much. I'll get some pics up later. I'm beat, need to finish this fine tea I'm drinking, and then hit the sack.

Gah, I didn't even see the thread for the show until today!

I was set up at the show with my wife all weekend, was a pretty good show for a first time! Had a lot of fun.

Toast - Stump, I did not get much of a chance to walk the floor, where we're you guys located?

I was across from the black Supernatural car on Saturday which vanished overnight so it was truly supernatural.

I had a sandwich board full of magnets out front and was next to the costume rental place.

I was across from the black Supernatural car on Saturday which vanished overnight so it was truly supernatural.

I had a sandwich board full of magnets out front and was next to the costume rental place.

I walked by your booth once! I was actually right on the other side of you in artist alley :)

DSC00714.jpg

I was happy with what I did and happy with the show. Even picked up 5 long boxes of fodder on the cheap and could have got more if I had more room. I did tell the organizer that I would come back next year but that he REALLY needs to do the costume and raffle thing somewhere else.

Yes, he did those at or towards the end of each day but it ghost-towned business and no one could leave since you would leave all your stuff just sitting out for anyone to take.

All in all, (thumbs u

Agreed. We were talking about how at the end of the show we should pack up since it was dead but then 100 people remained in the show, just all clustered in one side of the building... But we could not leave everything there on sat!

I closed up early on Saturday. I did very well at this show and will do it again next year. I think the organizer learned a few things and i was sure to give him some feedback.