• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawkman #4 Club
1 1

79 posts in this topic

Here's mine paid 12 cents for it :)

h4_zpsa7fd104d.jpg

That's what they should all cost of course. There's been too much inflation to keep them at a dime.

:(

Edited by Hepcat

On 5/22/2017 at 0:51 PM, AGGIEZ said:

Here are my low grade slabbed copies...love this book. Hugely undervalued in my book...

Agreed. There are a handful of mid to late 60s DC SA 1st Apps that are undervalued but starting to creep up now. This book is one of them. (thumbsu

Edited by kimik

4 hours ago, Harley Troy said:

That's a very pretty 7.5, must be a back cover defect because that looks much nicer than it's assigned grade.

Thanks - I think it’s due to some shadowing  around the edges - the back is solid but could use a cleaning - I’m really happy with it 

B2AA3429-197B-45FC-A3DB-0C5C511923A0.jpeg

3 hours ago, Harley Troy said:

I thinks it would be a much more valuable book if Zatanna was on the cover2c

No doubt about it. Seems like the scene depicted on the cover wasn't even the "lead" story (which was the Zatanna story), but from another story within, which makes the decision even more baffling/unfortunate.

16 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Incidentally, here's my junior-membership entry into the club. It's a low-grade reader, but a friend gave it to me for free, so I was pretty geeked about that....

IMG_2987.thumb.jpg.09cb17f43f8018e90dc4f1d838bd078e.jpg

That's a seriously good friend. Congrats and welcome!

On 10/17/2017 at 6:54 PM, Martin Sinescu said:
On 10/17/2017 at 3:49 PM, Harley Troy said:

I thinks it would be a much more valuable book if Zatanna was on the cover2c

No doubt about it. Seems like the scene depicted on the cover wasn't even the "lead" story (which was the Zatanna story), but from another story within, which makes the decision even more baffling/unfortunate.

And here I think of the decision as the complete opposite of baffling

It is only the fourth issue of Hawkman, and the cover is of  ...  ...  ...  (wait for it) ...  ...  ...   Hawkman! 

(Not to mention it is a most stunning cover of Hawkman).

Just my 2 cents.

:foryou:

Edited by MusterMark