• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Rock as 'Hercules' - July 2014

123 posts in this topic

You mean this post "Alan Moore protesting a comic book movie because it doesn't match the material to his liking? Shocking!"?

Which of course had nothing to do with what Alan Moore was saying.

Nick - all you had to do was say you hadn't read the link when you made that post lol

I know that you are better than that :foryou:

Because I didn't need to read that particular article, due to the earlier article making it clear what was going on. Some of the concerns are justified, most are still being sorted out, and some are just noise being added to the topic. With the latter, it comes across as an appeal to the comic book hobby to sabotage a movie release for not well informed reasons (studio posted credit to Steve Moore for free press, posthumously; Steve Moore may have signed a bad deal with the comic book company involved with the movie).

Maybe if you had posted a polite question, rather than assuming a lack of awareness, all this could have been passed along in a more friendly manner? Most probably.

Just saw the movie. It was better than I expected, but I wasn't expecting much. It has a very good cast -- Duane Johnson does pretty well, but the supporting cast is very strong.

The movie does suffer from several standard cliche's of recent action movies (slow-mo lateral shots during action scenes, characters giving speeches to troops before battles, etc.) but has a few surprises and several effective moments.

I don't know what the comic is like, but this is most likely a watered-down version of its story. Pretty much everything is designed for a PG-13 rating and a wide audience.

Like many other movies, it isn't enhanced much by watching it in 3D.

First Wave Of Reviews For Brett Ratner's HERCULES Hit - And They're Positive!

Not a 5-star movie in the least. But it sounds like it is going to be a fun movie.

--------------------------------

THE GUARDIAN: He is Hercules: hear him roar. Pec-oil supplies plummet as the great muscly hero of classical antiquity arrives on the big screen, played by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, in glistening semi-nudity. Brett Ratner's cheerfully ridiculous and entertaining film begins by saying that he is "the son of Zeus – the Zeus!" That's in case there's any confusion and someone blunders up to our hero mid-battle, and says how much they enjoyed his dad's masterpiece, The Cat in the Hat. [***]

--------------------------------

So brainless fun if you are not looking for a deep, make-me-question-life film.

Not a 5-star movie in the least. But it sounds like it is going to be a fun movie.

:wishluck: , I hope so, Brett Ratner's involvement had me a little skeptical and worried.

Same here. If not for Dwayne Johnson's involvement with this movie, I would have looked at something else.

Man, that guy has star power!

:wishluck: , I hope so, Brett Ratner's involvement had me a little skeptical and worried.

Same here. If not for Dwayne Johnson's involvement with this movie, I would have looked at something else.

Man, that guy has star power!

Absolutely, he's the only reason I saw the latest G.I. Joe film.

dwayne-johnson-captain-marvel.jpg

:wishluck:

Dwayne Johnson surprises Comic-Con crowd with appearance, special 'Hercules' screening

---------------------------

Dwayne Johnson made an unannounced appearance Thursday inside the San Diego Convention Center's largest exhibition hall.

He slapped high-fives with fans and announced a free, advanced screening of his latest movie, "Hercules."

---------------------------

I wonder if he is there for another exciting reason?

:popcorn: